Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that love the JW Speaker headlights, the EVO J3 looks like it's about 1 month away. This one is a significant departure from their previous designs. I found a link to them at Northridge, not sure what the final pricing will be, but $999 probably isn't going to cut it...

Rumor has it, you will be able to control various aspects of the light output from your smartphone!!!

FEATURES & PRODUCT DETAILS
You need a headlight that is superior in performance and design, built to ride with you every mile. Escape the standard with the EVO J3, the first street-legal headlight with built-in turn signal for Jeep Wrangler JKs. Surpass the ordinary with unrivaled technology, aggressive style and a patented asymmetric design.

Discretely packs five functions into a single plug & play headlight: High Beam, Low Beam, Turn Signal, Front Position, and Daytime Running Light (DRL).

Powered by the J-Link™ app using Bluetooth® technology to exclusively unlock Off-Road Mode, Guide Mode, and Party Mode in the EVO J3.

Powerful LEDS & carefully engineered light patterns for the best visibility in a 100% street-legal headlight.

Dual Burn® high beam for widespread visibility and a powerful punch of light down the road.

Meets proposed NHTSA NCAP 5-Star lighting guides for safety and performance.

Complete kit of 2 headlights with 2 wire harnesses for an easy plug & play installation.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/headlights/0555593-jw-speaker-8700-evolution-j3-series-headight-kit-graphite

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
@Pressurized I just got the email as well. Northridge site says ships 15-20 days. 999.95 non heated 1109.95 heated.

Im definitely going to look at these for when I get a Gladiator. I already have the JW Speakers in my JKUR (after gears Im just about done spending on him).

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Wow expensive ad with their warranty issues and CS, forget it!
Only reason I see for this, fenders with no signals or JL's that remove stock fenders.

But someone will buy it.
Good luck to them.....

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I am curious what "Guide Mode" and "Party Mode" might be?
I am assuming party mode will be colors flashing like disco LED lights.

Wonder if guide mode will make them like ultra high beam/aux light brightness. THAT might be useful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The current jw speaker headlights are already an acquired taste, I have the 8700 second version without the drl. These are ugly as sin and way overpriced to boot. I was interested after hearing about the integrated turn signals, then saw how they looked. I think they really missed the mark with these. Hopefully someday, a company will make headlights with lighting zones and cornering lights like my car has.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Wow expensive ad with their warranty issues and CS, forget it!
Only reason I see for this, fenders with no signals or JL's that remove stock fenders.

But someone will buy it.
Good luck to them.....
You read my mind.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Way to busy looking for my Jeep. - Would clash with my underlying motif of simplicity. Then there’s the price, and horrible CS, no way.

It has the look of a Swiss Army knife, although that’s an insult to the knife. Like they tried to fit everything in there but the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You guys are overreacting. That turn indicator is specific to u-turns.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hmm.. sorry, this will be a bit off topic.

I was having issues with my current aftermarket headlights, and I was surfing Amazon to find replacements. I found brand new 8700 evo J2's on Amazon for $312, sold by Amazon. The price is now back up to $498. It must have been some sort of pricing snafu, but good for me. It took three weeks after placing my order to ship, but they finally shipped from Amazon on Wednesday and they are arriving tomorrow.

Before buying these lights, I looked for feedback and saw quite a few good reviews on the 8700 J2's. I now see comments in this thread about poor customer service and warranty issues.

I assume the CS and warranty issues are related. What issues are people encountering?

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
@Ugoderosa i have no issues w/ my JWS Evo 2's since installed in 2015. Same with my JWS fogs.

I did however have issues with my JWS tail lights along with others. Cracked lens, Broken housing, and condensation were among the known issues. We got crickets from JWS customer service. Even with the help of our vendors.

·
Super Moderator
15,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm.. sorry, this will be a bit off topic.

I was having issues with my current aftermarket headlights, and I was surfing Amazon to find replacements. I found brand new 8700 evo J2's on Amazon for $312, sold by Amazon. The price is now back up to $498. It must have been some sort of pricing snafu, but good for me. It took three weeks after placing my order to ship, but they finally shipped from Amazon on Wednesday and they are arriving tomorrow.

Before buying these lights, I looked for feedback and saw quite a few good reviews on the 8700 J2's. I now see comments in this thread about poor customer service and warranty issues.

I assume the CS and warranty issues are related. What issues are people encountering?
They are great headlights and few have issues. Just know going in that their warranty department is not the best...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess I am in the minority. I am intrigued by the 75% increase in low beam. Currently have the Evo J and low beam is decent, high beam is awful. Dual burn should be good. Could care less about most of the bluetooth tricks. It is pricey though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I am curious what "Guide Mode" and "Party Mode" might be?
$1k for headlights? Party mode should include hookers and coke for that price.

I'm very happy with my $450 KC Gravity LED headlights. Very bright and simple, no fluff. And looks like a headlight, not an alien face from b-movie.

I see a lot of grumpers with these in them in the near future.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts