Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received my JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J2 headlights today.

I Will be installing them within the next few days.

To those that have installed a pair of JW Speaker headlights before, I have a few questions, did you need to align them after installation, If so, how off were they. Did you also need to adjust them horizontally?

Thanks, Daniel.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine were off vertically alot.Horizontally I dont know,they seem ok.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
To those that have installed a pair of JW Speaker headlights before, I have a few questions, did you need to align them after installation, If so, how off were they. Did you also need to adjust them horizontally?
Every install is going to be different. Stock, lift size, tire size, etc. are all going to factor into how the JWs are going to be aligned. Most have found some adjustment is necessary. My vertical alignment was off on the passenger side. Horizontal was fine.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I'm still running the late-stage prototypes of the J that they sent me a long time ago; I needed to adjust one of them multi axis and one of them just vertical.

Dan Stern wrote the Bible on aim:
https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

But here's my theory.
Jeeps have soft suspension and sometimes I carry a load in the back. So I adjusted my lights a little lower than Stern suggests. It tends to show a little mercy to oncomers.

As for horizontal adjustment, when you take a look inside the housing you'll see a way to do it. It's not rocket science and is only a minor hassle. Some members of the forum have purchased nicer screws to make it easier but, once it's done, you really don't have to do it again.
There are write-ups in the General Section on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses...

Done... Installed them this Evening!

I only had to adjust the passenger side... lower and to the right!

I did not lower the beam by 2 inches... Will see what it looks like tonight!

Before

After Off

After On (low beam)

DRL

Low Beam

High Beam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts