Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Might as well

Mine do not fit perfectly, so if the Chinese knock off are half the price and fit perfectly, you can't go wrong.

I got mine in a package deal from Northridge 4x4

I got the tail lights, Evolution 8700 headlights (first gen), and the JW Speaker fog lights all for about $800 and change. I don't remember the exact price, but it was good.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Get the chinese knock off, equal in quality (unfortunately for a US MADE product)

Here they are

JK-LBL*
by LITE-WAY*
Link: http://a.co/h8tsPi1

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Awesome! I returned the jw speaker and ordered the ones you recommended

The jw speaker felt a bit flimsy too ... especially the side plastic piece - when you press it in , it would make a loud squeak! Also didn’t fully line up with the body of the Jeep and after fully tightening the screws there was a small gap on the top

2016 Jeep Wrangler JKUR HR, Rock Krawler 1.5” coils, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 315 75r16 BFG KO2s, JKS quick disco, JKS trackbar, JKS J FLEX front control arms, YETI Tie rod & drag link, Baja design, jw speaker, RR backbone and pioneer platform

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Awesome! I returned the jw speaker and ordered the ones you recommended

The jw speaker felt a bit flimsy too ... especially the side plastic piece - when you press it in , it would make a loud squeak! Also didn’t fully line up with the body of the Jeep and after fully tightening the screws there was a small gap on the top

2016 Jeep Wrangler JKUR HR, Rock Krawler 1.5” coils, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 315 75r16 BFG KO2s, JKS quick disco, JKS trackbar, JKS J FLEX front control arms, YETI Tie rod & drag link, Baja design, jw speaker, RR backbone and pioneer platform
Glad I could help and save some $$ ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys I really need your help,

I have pretty interesting situation with JW Speaker J Tail lights (DOT approved) that I purchased for my 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited Willys (living in Dubai).

I have the same connector coming out of my Wrangler JK and out of JW Speaker J Tail Lights (believe it's a YAZAKI 728x-xxxx-xx). Can anyone recommend how to connect these two?

Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same 1/8" gap around my JW Speaker Taill lights.. How did you fix it ?

I thought I moved the lights as far up and in to cover the gap as I possibly could. How did you fix it ? Did you move the tail light mount clips ?
Or did you not tighten the screws all the way and move the light ?
I didn't want to break it..

RubiSS, I just bought a set today and installed them tonight. Had about a 1/8th inch gap on the outside edge on both lights between the jeep tub and the lights. Then I remembered reading this post a while back. So my question for you is what did you do different the "morning after" to get them to fit?

I'll admit I may have given up to early, but it was pretty cold in the garage tonight...

·
Registered
55 Posts
JW Speaker taillight on my 2016 JK

Here's the JW Speaker LED taillights on my 2016 Wrangler. I had to bug the taillight location with light rubbing compound because it appears dirt settles in between the taillight and the jeep body. I go off road at least 3 times a month. There was a log of scuffing LOL. Anyway it came out decent.
Id you do get the lights, you will notice it's a very tight fit and the light does not clear the raised upper inner corner on the tail light section. You will need to slide the light up and to the center of the Jeep.. and while you do press down... it's going to take some pressure. When you get the light in the "zone" you will feel it pop in place.

Here's what my install looks like:

http://www.nfnnet.org/myjeepjwtl.jpg

For some reason the inline image tagging isn't working. so I had to add a url link

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why in the world has JWS note made a version 2 of this? We have had multiple headlight versions and turn signals, yet they have not yet fixed these? I want less black plastic please and a fit that is stock. Not too much to ask I would think

·
Registered
40 Posts
I made a quick video about installing the 279J series JW Speaker tail lights. They have been out for quite a while but incase we get any new Jeepers looking into doing the switch Ill post it here! Check out some of my other videos if you are interested in any other mods I have done.

1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts