Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is so much info here, but I am confused. Which ones to buy, do I need to get anything else to complete their install, and who has the best price? Sorry, that was 3 questions. Thanks for your help.

2015 JKUS

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the J series they are a direct plug and play no anti flicker harness needed as it's built in. As far as best price I'm not sure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the help. It seems that I have read about needing some screws to adjust the horizontal beam. Is that correct? I want to make sure I have all of the things I need when. Remove the grill.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yes, get the horizontal screws before you go to install the lights. I thought.....oh mine are aligned now. Then after installing the JW's they where way off. Then I had to go to the dealer, get the screws and take everything back apart. Just get the screws and be done, it's $4.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the evo 2's and install was really easy even with having to shove the anti flicker harness behind the lights.
I do recommend the horizontal adjustment screws. I thought mine were fine until a couple weeks ago when we had some fog and I could see my beam pattern and they were cross eyed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about for the fog lights, is a anti-flicker harness needed? I purchased one from headlight revolution.
I have the jw speaker fog lights as well and no additional harness was needed. I have a 2014 so I did have to splice in the included adaptors

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Did not need to adjust the horizontal On my JW Speaker J series.
I am surprised to hear that mine needed quite a bit of adjustment.
It is possible to get a spanner in and manipulate the horizontal adjustment with the headlight out, but that is a lot of taking the headlight in and out to get it right.
I installed the horizontal screws and would recommend them to anyone who is doing a J series upgrade.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am surprised to hear that mine needed quite a bit of adjustment.
It is possible to get a spanner in and manipulate the horizontal adjustment with the headlight out, but that is a lot of taking the headlight in and out to get it right.
I installed the horizontal screws and would recommend them to anyone who is doing a J series upgrade.
Do you just need (2) of the 55078114aa screws?

·
Registered
36 Posts
2-Screws, it's a snap-no pun intended. A stubby 15mm wrench helps if you do not want to take the ring off. Many very descriptive posts on this,read them it helps. Very cheap and nice way to go,especially when you have the assembly apart anyway. After reading many posts,I went with the JEEP-Mopar jw speaker fog light assembly, for the Max 3 bumper.The jw speaker taillighst are very nice.I would like to know why Jeep didn't seal the taillight cavity. Seems ridiculous,in Minnesota they put more salt on the roads than we get snow. 2016 Hard Rock

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Wear gloves when you pull the headlight ring off. It takes a lot of force to pop it off the studs and my thumb got cut pretty bad in the cuticle when it let go.

I went to my local gas station that does safety inspections and had them align the headlights with their optical tool. $15 and 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Wear gloves when you pull the headlight ring off. It takes a lot of force to pop it off the studs and my thumb got cut pretty bad in the cuticle when it let go.

I went to my local gas station that does safety inspections and had them align the headlights with their optical tool. $15 and 10 minutes.
I was nervous about pulling the ring so I took my time with a couple of beers and slowly removed it with a stubby wrench.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts