Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the stock tail lights with the JW Speaker 279 LEDs - LOVE them but I cannot get any of the brush guards (have 3 different sets from 3 different manufactures - could not make up my mind on what style I liked) that were installed on the stock lights to fit.

All of the screws that hold the light together (outside screws that DON'T go into body) are too short.

The JWS website states that you need : #8-16 x 2 ¼” or longer screws (LONGER definitely)

I emailed JW Speaker and they advised me that they were not aware of any sources for screws of this type

THESE : http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-8-16-x-2-1-4-in-Internal-Hex-Flat-Head-Cap-Screws-2-Pack-34168/203575459 DO NOT WORK - save your time and money.

Has anyone been able to accomplish the installation of brush guards on JWS taillights? If so how please.

Thx

·
Registered
316 Posts
Replaced the stock tail lights with the JW Speaker 279 LEDs - LOVE them but I cannot get any of the brush guards (have 3 different sets from 3 different manufactures - could not make up my mind on what style I liked) that were installed on the stock lights to fit.

All of the screws that hold the light together (outside screws that DON'T go into body) are too short.

The JWS website states that you need : #8-16 x 2 ¼” or longer screws (LONGER definitely)

I emailed JW Speaker and they advised me that they were not aware of any sources for screws of this type

THESE : http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-8-16-x-2-1-4-in-Internal-Hex-Flat-Head-Cap-Screws-2-Pack-34168/203575459 DO NOT WORK - save your time and money.

Has anyone been able to accomplish the installation of brush guards on JWS taillights? If so how please.

Thx
I have, I will PM you tomorrow - I hope I still have the package that the screws came in...

Reactions: PhantomVirus

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I used Rugged Ridge Elite tail light guards. They come with all the necessary hardware. These guards were designed to work with the JW's. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting that you got the, to work. I could not and returned me to qteck. While on the phone with team they said the don't fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts