Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Received them today. over all I'm happy. I paid $32.00 off msrp. I might should have got the clear lens. the smoke tint lens is darker than head/Fog lights, but I'll probably tint the side markers too. I would prefer the connector be mounted to the light instead of the pig tail. The assembly is solid, maybe slightly heavier than OEM. Nicer than the toy like quality of the tail lights.

No instructions, but the install is 15-20mins tops. I wasn't sure how OEM lights came out so I removed the grill. you release the two tabs on back to take them out. probably could just pop lower grill loose if you know how to remove the originals.

JWS lights come with a bracket that you bolt to back of light with grill sandwiched in between. I failed to take a picture of it mounted before I replaced the grill.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
the whole light illuminates, not just the top/bottom circles. about the same brightness as OEM. I think it looks better than the clear plastic OEM lens when turned off. not a big difference when turned on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, vendor accidently sent a second set. I ended up with a REALLY GOOD Deal.

j/k. Returned extras today.

Connectors on the Turn signals don't fit OEM harness as tight as I'd like. one has enough wiggle that the light can stop working. A tie wrap tightened it up enough for it not to be a problem. ... but still.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the link @4xfour. I appreciate the input regarding the smoke tint as it is slightly darker than the JWS fogs/heads. I'm gonna wait for pictures of the clear.
you're welcome.

clear might be the better choice. none of the others JWS lights are tinted.

I'm hoping a little VHT nightshade on the side marker lens ties it together. (and gets rid of the orange)

laterz,
-rick

·
Registered
34 Posts
4xfour;30685849..:SNIP:.. JWS lights come with a bracket that you bolt to back of light with grill sandwiched in between. I failed to take a picture of it mounted before I replaced the grill.[/QUOTE said:
It took me longer to figure out the "bracket sandwich" than to do the rest of the install I wa confused by the lack of clips; how do they stay in! for a good 3 minutes then I took the bracket off the light to see if I did something wrong and has an ahh ha! .... I want to blame the Texas Heat

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It took me longer to figure out the "bracket sandwich" than to do the rest of the install I wa confused by the lack of clips; how do they stay in! for a good 3 minutes then I took the bracket off the light to see if I did something wrong and has an ahh ha! .... I want to blame the Texas Heat
Ditto ... bolted it together. Put it back in the grill and went :censored: :facepalm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts