Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an offer for TJ 4.0L FIPK. But my main concern is - does it fit YJ 4.0?
I have no idea what to expect. Anyone has any informations regarding this?

Thanks, J

YJ - bent

TJ- straight

YJ air intake is in front of the driver -- aIR INTAKE IS UNDER THE HEADLIGHT.
Tj has air intake on the passenger side.
So where does it draw air from on that side...?

·
Registered
422 Posts
whoa man i dont know if i can help you, can you explain just a little better?

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
well i guess it might but u obviously wont be able to just bolt it in u are going to have to make sure their is clearance to put it in because it looks like one is straight and the other is bent

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main concern -- YJ should be fitted on the right side (looking at the engine) just in front of the driver on the place where stock filter housing is:

There is an air intake tube just in front of it, air is taken in just under the drivers headlight.

Now on the TJ, air filter is IN THE PASSENGER SIDE

What I'd like to know is: where does TJ take air in from? I don't see any air tubes in front of the filter housing. If I want to fit K&N FIPK from TJ on my YJ, I must know where does air come in from..

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
follow the tube off the front of the box it looks like from the picture that it takes it out of the fender or around their

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
looks like your yj must be foreign. with a few tools,clamps and some metal to make some stand-offs, anything can be accomplished.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
also, it looks like if you put the tj on there, it will fit right where the yj intake box is now. as for where the air comes from, i don't believe thats an issue as there is nothing out in front of the filter itself. have no fear, you're a jeep owner and can over come any adversity which may arise.:punk:

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
hes right no matter were its supposed to be.it can be put any were, its a jeep thing nobody else needs to understand as long as u do

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would say it would fit but you may have to make minor adjustments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts