Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are several threads on this subject, but i'm looking for some updates or new opinions on a good roof rack for my Jeep. I really like the Gobi, but i can't justify the cost for that. The Kargo Master gets a lot of attention, but seems it has a really bad noise issue. I would like one that could be lifted to remove the soft top, or have removable cross bars. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a soft top JKU I put a handy rack one the windshield bow ( I had the hand rack for my old Libby) and a lumber rack coming up from the hitch. This setup only work for long narrow things but I just feel a roof rack defeat the point of having a wrangler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Kargo Master setup and it is a sturdy platform with Thule rack components.

I did have real issues with noise initially and solved with a helix wrap of 3/4 in rope on the leading edge. This was before I added the Thule components.

I think I'll pull off the Rope and give it a spin and see if the harmonic has gone away. Report back shortly.

Back from quick run, Not quite as intense. will drive this way for a couple of days and mve things around. report back later

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am thinking about getting the Lange Rack to carry my canoe.
I am leaning towards this on because it is easily removed, important feature for me because i have indoor (low ceiling) parking at work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts