Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of purchasing a kayak for my fishing trips i usually take every friday. im usually off every friday and kids are in school so i go fishing just about every friday. wanted to see how others are transporting their kayaks with the jeep? post pics if u have any.

i really dont want to put on top of my jeep since i have no racks or anything. i dont thing even if i lay the seats down and hang out the back window it wouldnt work because of my 37" tires on the rear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I built a trailer. Bought a cheap trailer with some suspension, off Craigslist, had the tongue extended longer, and had them add racks that I then just covered the beams with a pool noodle and taped up with Gorilla tape. Worked great!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Best part is it's also a storage rack, so it was always ready to go. Only had to hook it up, and off we went. Ours carried 4 boats but could do it yourself easier to just carry one or two. The tongue extension is the only real fabrication.the rest you can do yourself with just lumber if you wanted to. Can also buy purpose built kayak trailers but this was about 1/3 of the price. Wish I had kept it, we sold that jeep (had the small V-6 hated it) and replaced it with a truck with a rack, now I have another jeep. Man I miss that little trailer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts