Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought some 8" kc long range driving lights from a friend who's front grill is too shallow to for them. anybody know a quality mount to put them on the windshield hinges, preferably in black, if not ill just paint it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
so I bought some 8" kc long range driving lights from a friend who's front grill is too shallow to for them. anybody know a quality mount to put them on the windshield hinges, preferably in black, if not ill just paint it.
8" is pretty big for the windshield imo , maybe have somebody hold it in place and see what kind of blind spot it creates. btw Kc makes a quality bracket for the hinge in black .

·
Knows a couple things...
49,138 Posts
Mounting the lights on the windshield hinges may look cool but that location does cause glare across the windshield... especially when the windshield isn't perfectly clean.

I had those same lights on my previous TJ, and I miss them, but I would instead mount them on the bumper where they work really well.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that was my first thought. I really wanted to, but the mounts on my smittybilt src front are too close together on the top, and too close to the bar on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea but I love my bumper. are these universal tube bumper mounts any good? I'm a bit worried they'd want to slide around the pipe.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive used the lower tube to pull it out of the mud before, it didn't do anything to the bumper. are those mounts any good?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I picked on up for a great price but dont know if im gonna use it. I may just sell it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
yea but I love my bumper. are these universal tube bumper mounts any good? I'm a bit worried they'd want to slide around the pipe.
If you're worried about the mount sliding around, you could always drill a small hole thru the mount & the bumper tube, and put a self-tapping screw thru to hold it steady.Put a little silicone in the hole with the screw to keep it sealed up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kind of backing up here, but I mounted 6 in KC Daylighters on windshield mounts via KC mounts. I used the long range light and not the driving or fog logs. The hood gets bright but not to a point that messes up my vision. Granted, long range lights are only good for off road and not on the streets. At least that is what the Cops say anyways... :dance:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts