Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

KC 50" Lite bar question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  386GreyWanderer 
#1 ·
Hello and sorry if this question has been asked before.

I am planning to purchase a "KC HiLiTES 50 in. Gravity Pro6 LED Light Bar w/ Windshield Mounting Brackets".

My question is more about cleanliness on the wiring install to the actual lights up the a pillar. I have looked everywhere to my knowledge about the wiring that goes up the A pillar to the lights. It appears to me there really isn't a perfect way to run them without seeing the wires. I wish the wires could fit under the a pillar bar but they look like they can't - so they need to be running along side near the windshield, or I have seen some people run them up and over near the freedom panel down the door panel. I just find this strange that there is no easy way to run the main wires up to the light bar. Does anyone know of an A pillar bar that has a wiring cutout under the bar for the wiring or some other more logical option for running the wires cleanly and maybe hidden completely from people.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You can put the wires through the firewall and bring them out under the corner panel under the A pillar but there will still be a few inches of wire going form the panel to the bottom of the bracket you show above. There is no way short of drilling a hole at the top of the A-pillar or the bottom of the A pillar to avoid seeing a wire bundle unless you design an A pillar/corner panel/bracket combination replacement panel.

Reactions: sfowler39
#3 ·
Thank you for the response. Attached you can see what I am talking about. The wire is hanging out and if you are driving the wind will make this flap especially on the freeway. There has to be a cleaner way of doing this and to prevent the wire from flapping around. I just cant believe that a system as much as it cost allows this to be flapping in the wind. Please see attachment and the red circled area. I hope the picture is clear enough.

Attachments

#4 ·
Reactions: sfowler39
#5 ·
Given that scenario I would run the wire up the A pillar and drop it out between the freedom panel and the windshield. Thats a pretty wonky looking bracket that hangs out that far.

#6 ·
If there is space, you can run the wire between the A-pillar and the bracket. You can also get a flat/oval type cable that will make that easier. Most auto parts stores will carry it.

If you are still having problems, get with a local Jeep Club. There's a lot of knowledge to be shared....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.