Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to electrical/wiring I am a dummy. The driver side works but the passenger side light does not. Its not the bulb because I took it apart and looked at it. What looks like the main power wire goes into the PCM box. My biggest concern is the stripped bolts shown in the pics. Is there a way to get these out so that I can remove the brackets to check the wires and replace with new bolts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Dip torx driver in Clover (valve grinding compound) and then hammer smartly into screws and remove.

If that does not work out, you may have to drill them out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have you tried some kroil? Works really well on tough rusted bolts.

If that don't work, you'll have to drill em out.
Good luck

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
When it comes to electrical/wiring I am a dummy. The driver side works but the passenger side light does not. Its not the bulb because I took it apart and looked at it. What looks like the main power wire goes into the PCM box. My biggest concern is the stripped bolts shown in the pics. Is there a way to get these out so that I can remove the brackets to check the wires and replace with new bolts?
Well looking at the bulb does not necessarly mean the bulb is not bad. Did you swap the bulbs?

(Power does not go to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) That is the engine computer) Check the wiring. Do you have a meter? KC site has a wiring diagram

You can pick up stainless pan head phillips head bolts from Lowes. (They will not rust)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
And get the wires out from under the brackets. Wires should never br crushed like that.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I need to recheck the wiring myself, but I'd suspect you're having the same issue somewhere along that line. Double check the connection for the passenger side light to the drivers side light. KC has it such that they both run into each other like a Y and then that wire goes to the relay which connects to a switch, fuse and battery. It's likely a connection issue before this Y as one light works and the other doesn't. KC offered some very crappy connections. VERY CRAPPY. It's a joke, I'm going to replace mine, I suggest you do the same. KC should be ashamed IMO, but whatever, easy fix.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great info. Thanks. Does that look right with the wire going into the PCM ??? Afraid to take top off to look !

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That's not the PCM, that's where all your fuses are. Don't be afraid to open it, you won't break anything I promise! Take a look, that wire will run through one of those 20 amp fuses. Just a safety measure for the lights. If your fuse blew both the lights would be off, not just one. So it won't be the source of your problem, but open it and get familiar with the jeep a little more! It won't bite haha. here's a KC wiring diagram. I know it looks crazy confusing when you first glance at it but just do one wire at a time, it will make sense as you go. Check to make sure your wiring is set up the way they have it. It's possible you never connected the two lights together in a Y. That's fine, just make sure that both lights feed into the same post on that relay.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts