Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mention Hard Rock because the hood has a different layout.

There are two symmetrical holes that are the perfect place to mount the Cyclones.

I just assumed I would be drilling holes. Nice surprise to find the holes already located on the hood.

I didn't buy the kit. I just bought the lights (almost a year ago) and went to Lowes to source the bolts, washers. 3/8" loom, and 1/2" loom. I used 18g wire and 1/2" loom from the lights then put them both on 16g wire and 3/8" loom to the Voswitch.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I thought I would bring it up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice
I did the exact same thing back in November

I drilled the holes a little bigger and used nutserts that way I could remove the light for whatever reason without having to take the insulation off again.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice
I did the exact same thing back in November

I drilled the holes a little bigger and used nutserts that way I could remove the light for whatever reason without having to take the insulation off again.
Nut inserts....wish I had thought of that.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I did the same with the nut-serts but put the lights right at the inside corners of the vents (up higher than yours) and I ran the wires inside the hood supports and added a switch near the battery.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I mention Hard Rock because the hood has a different layout.

There are two symmetrical holes that are the perfect place to mount the Cyclones.

I just assumed I would be drilling holes. Nice surprise to find the holes already located on the hood.

I didn't buy the kit. I just bought the lights (almost a year ago) and went to Lowes to source the bolts, washers. 3/8" loom, and 1/2" loom. I used 18g wire and 1/2" loom from the lights then put them both on 16g wire and 3/8" loom to the Voswitch.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I thought I would bring it up.

You should cut open the bottom of the hood vents to let some heat out from under the hood, you can see on my pic of the hood you can see light coming through the vent from the other side.
There's a write up here somewhere on how to di it, maybe a sticky not sure, not hard to do though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added this today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts