Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kind of narrowed my driving light choices to either the KC 800s w/130watt halogens or the Warn 7" HID. Plan to mount them on the grill guard of my 2008 /Rubicon two door. Price is about 270 for KC or 390 for Warn pairs. How much amp draw for 130watts. Alternatives would have to within this price range. Any experience with either? Wiring issues? Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the KC 130w Slimlites, and couldn't be happier. I don't know what they draw, but the fuse is 20A, and I have two on the bumper and 2 on the windshield and there is no change or flickers when I turn them on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Assuming it is rated at 13.8 volts(standard auto voltage from alternator), a 130 watt light would draw 9.42 amps. If they are rated at 12 volts, it will draw 10.83 amps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have kind of narrowed my driving light choices to either the KC 800s w/130watt halogens or the Warn 7" HID. Plan to mount them on the grill guard of my 2008 /Rubicon two door. Price is about 270 for KC or 390 for Warn pairs. How much amp draw for 130watts. Alternatives would have to within this price range. Any experience with either? Wiring issues? Thanks.
Are you married to the size? I am getting two sets of KC slims for my upgrade. One for my ARB bumper and one set for windshield mount. Heard nothing but great things and a couple friends that have them love em. 270 though? The 6" KC slims would be def better price up to you see below. Either way that sounds like an awesome plan. Show us the pics.

KC HiLites Part 121 - Long Range Slimlite Kit by KC HiLiTES for Jeep

:wavey:

·
Banned
764 Posts
I have the 7 inch warn hid lites and they really put out and draw very low amps. Mine sit on a stainless xhd bumper using supplied holes and I have the black grill guard which will only clear the 7 inch lites in the rearward mounting position so lites are in front and of guard a little. Looks great with the black tool box lids. I can see a mile with these lites, and I wired around the silly remote and turn them on with my bright lites switch, which runs through there relay. They say not to do this on jeep vehicles but I did it anyway, and it works great. Now I have great brights and can see a very wide path, probably 50 yards wide. Great for seeing deer in the ditches and fields as they are thick as flys here. The xhd is a feat looking bumper, I am so glad I got rid of that mopar junk thing which I gave to a gal who dented hers pretty bad. Air dam and all. I wouldn't waste my time putting that mopar trash back on even if I had to go bumper less for a while!

·
Registered
55 Posts
It draws 14.xx I have 130watts KC lights and Voltmeter read 14 ish. 100's were 12's
Volts? or amps? The wattage is based off of: Watts= Volts*Amps. My stock JK runs at around 14 volts with no lights on at my 2m Ham radio. My fluke reads 14.2-14.5 volts with little accessory draw at the battery.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Volts? or amps? The wattage is based off of: Watts= Volts*Amps. My stock JK runs at around 14 volts with no lights on at my 2m Ham radio. My fluke reads 14.2-14.5 volts with little accessory draw at the battery.
It should run at 14.1-.5ish volts when the motor is running.

I was referring about amps, sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts