Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was just curious if anyone's had any experience with these, my 06 is in desperate need of some better headlights and I was debating on going with these or a set of Truck Lites. I'm not expecting the two to be on par with each other, but just figured I'd try this cheaper option first.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I put them in a couple months ago. Not what I expected but better than stock lights. I would say do some more research. I think I should have gone with the Hella E codes.
The KC's are ok but not what you think they will be. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I put them in a couple months ago. Not what I expected but better than stock lights. I would say do some more research. I think I should have gone with the Hella E codes. The KC's are ok but not what you think they will be. Hope that helps.
Think it's the bulbs. A housing is a housing try the ones I linked above. Awesome. :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Plus free two day shipping! That get's me every time.... Anyway though, how easy were they to install and would you say the HELLA bulbs were a huge improvement over the ones that come with it?
EAsy to install ya huge improvement. The standards are standard. The brights are illegal. Off road use only. Like having off road lights on your bright switch god help the bastard that don't dim his. He will when you flash lol.

Edit by standard I mean h4 way better than stock. Huge improvement out of the box want more get the bulbs I posted someday.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good, I think you may have sold me on these but I'll wait for a few others to chime in as well :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Sounds good, I think you may have sold me on these but I'll wait for a few others to chime in as well :beerdrinking:
Ya no problem. Had mine years part in Alaska rocks for traction at intersections like new no chips. Good luck brother. Oh the glow kc is bunk never notice it. It's real but stupid.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Same set I put in. They don't do much for me. Don't know why.
I'll go with the Trucklites next time.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I had them for about 3-4 years, I had 60/55 xenon bulbs in them and they were a great improvement over sealed beams...
I just upgraded to truck-lites and must say they are 100 times better...

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Think it's the bulbs. A housing is a housing try the ones I linked above. Awesome. :)
The lens and reflector have everything to do with the beam and light pattern and in turn how effective the light really is. I cannot say technically how good the KCs may be. In general, a clear lens such as the ones KCs have does not produce a good beam pattern. There is a lot of good information here Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply. If you search Jeep forums, many people have gone with what he says.

·
Registered
257 Posts
definitely check out the link to the daniel stern site lots of good information. i personally went with the hella e-codes with 100/55 watt bulbs and i love them but you must upgrade your wiring to use the brighter bulbs even if you use stock wattage bulbs upgrading your wiring will make a huge difference and it is not hard or expensive to do, oh and the housing you use will make a difference.\

·
Registered
955 Posts
I actually just put those exact lights in my TJ last week. They shine great; the light casts very far. Not as bright as i had in mind, but then again I don't know what I was expecting. I've never done headlight swaps before so I had nothing to compare it to. Trucklites always came up regarded as the best when I did my research, but their price tag is steep and I wanted to keep it DOT approved. The KCs are great for that reason.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have them, and I'll echo what's been said thus far. Good lights, but they won't match trucklites or the like.

Worth the $100 though

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on them then. I already have 4 long range lights + 2 Hella 500 Driving lights on my bumper so I'm covered for when I'm offroad. These sound like they should be good for when I'm doing some street driving at night.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! :drinks:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I just got a pair of these on the cheap. They have a scratch in the housing from the mid point up a bit. Is that going to affect anything?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Anyone run these Delta H4 Halogen's? I'm tossing between these and the KC H4. I realize the LED is the way to go, but I don't want to spend $500+ on headlights. I'd rather get some decent upgrades and spend the money on Aux Off-road lighting.

These Delta's do not have "clear" lenses like Neil F mentioned was a flaw in the KC design. You can run Xenon or H4 Halogen bulbs. I don't like the blue look of the Xenon, so I'd go Halogen. Just wondering if anyone has any input on how these compare to the KC H4's.

Delta Tech 01-1148-50 - Delta H4 Hi/Lo 7" Halogen Headlight Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

1 - 20 of 23 Posts