Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just received my KC HiLites #494 direct OEM replacement lamps today, apparently their website is wrong (spoke with them earlier and it's supposed to be fixed) but the wiring connector from the fog lights does not directly connect to existing factory fog light harness. It requires splicing - something I was trying to avoid.

Is anyone aware of an adapter that can be used to avoid splicing into the factory wiring? Ideally this adapter would plug into the factory harness and I would just splice into it instead.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got mine today thru Amazon, shows direct fit for 2015 and even the instructions inside the box say " plus the light into the factory harness". Online KC video same thing - bolt them in, plug them in, go! But..... Nope, no fit. My light box does have “ KC #494 for Jeep JK 2007-2009 “. Mine is a ’15 model. Amazon didn’t differentiate model year. I'm not splicing and have to wait until Monday to contact KC. Appears they either have a separate connector for the newer models or I hope they provide an adapter. sigh........................

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got mine today thru Amazon, shows direct fit for 2015 and even the instructions inside the box say " plus the light into the factory harness". Online KC video same thing - bolt them in, plug them in, go! But..... Nope, no fit. My light box does have “ KC #494 for Jeep JK 2007-2009 “. Mine is a ’15 model. Amazon didn’t differentiate model year. I'm not splicing and have to wait until Monday to contact KC. Appears they either have a separate connector for the newer models or I hope they provide an adapter. sigh........................
I didn't have any luck when I contacted KC - if memory serves they said it was a typo on the advertising. I ended up making my own adapter as I also refused to modify the stock wiring.

Looks like there is now an adapter pre-made for the fogs here as well:

Quadratec Exclusive Quadratec Fog Light Wiring Adapter Kit for 10-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Acme Jeep Parts(6 inch Extension) | Supertruck

·
Registered
48 Posts
I feel pretty dumb - I trusted the Amazon fit guide for the #494 but the KC contact directed me to their guide letting me know that I needed the #497 for the 2010 to current JK's due to the harness change. These will be plug n play for sure: KC HILITES | Gravity LED G4 Jeep JK LED Fog Light Pair Pack System

Hope this helps someone get the right ones in the future - thankfully Amazon allows return and I swapped out for the #497s.

Available Part Numbers:
Gravity LED G4; 4" Round LED Fog Light Pair Pack System for 2007-2009 Jeep JK - KC #494 (Clear)
Gravity LED G4; 4" Round LED Fog Light Pair Pack System for 2007-2009 Jeep JK - KC #496 (Amber)
Gravity LED G4; 4" Round LED Fog Light Pair Pack System for 2010-2015 Jeep JK - KC #497 (Clear)
Gravity LED G4; 4" Round LED Fog Light Pair Pack System for 2010-2015 Jeep JK - KC #498 (Amber)
Does NOT fit 10 Anniversary Edition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts