Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys/gals think?

Up Top or Inside? Currently running them up top as a test.

top.jpg

inside.jpg

·
Registered
910 Posts
Top. But I'm bias cuz that's where mine are..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Personally I think they look better up top.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Do you have a picture from the side? In the top picture you have the lights on the bar, but on the bottom it looks like they're mounted on top of the bumper. Based on how far it seems the bar sticks out past the bumper, I think the lower location looks better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AGS, here's a pic. The other location would be the two bolt holes you see closest to the grille. The bottom location would make the wire run a little cleaner, even though you cannot see the wires from head on.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Up top because those 4 holes are for the winch you are going to put on. Right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Up top because those 4 holes are for the winch you are going to put on. Right?
A winch would be a nice to have, but I don't see getting one anytime soon. Coil spacers this week, then tires in the fall. Lights can always be moved.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Based on the side shot, I personally prefer the bumper mount location. An added benefit is the bar will protect the lights if you hit anything.

·
Registered
2009 JK Sport tweaked a bit.
297 Posts
Fellow White Jeeper here. I prefer them mounted on the bumper. For some perspective here is a pic of mine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fellow White Jeeper here. I prefer them mounted on the bumper. For some perspective here is a pic of mine.

Nice! I considered drilling holes to create a little more spread between the lights if I mount on the bumper.

AGS, protecting the lights from getting hit and security are big reasons for me mounting them on the bumper itself. I'm not afraid of getting them stolen, but since my Jeep is parked at a train station all day, the thought did cross my mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts