Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which KC Lights are the best? I was looking at the apollos new long range and new fogs but would KC Slimlights work better?
Opinions please! Pics would be cool too..

·
Registered
658 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. There's so many choices, KC brand and otherwise.

What's your goal lighting wise? Blinding rodents while night wheeling or seeing roadsigns better?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have three sets of KC"s - SlimLites, #124 Long Range & #127 Fog and a set of #631 Daylighters Long Range on mine. They have held up very, very well and I have had no problems with them other than the occasional bulb which was promptly replaced under their 23 yr warranty. (The oldest being the 631's which I put on when I bought the Jeep.) I am also going to install a set of KC Rally #490's to my tire carrier to serve as auxiliary back up lights.

I bought my daughter a set of the KC Apollo Pro Fogs last year to replace her factory fogs, however she only does light off roading. (Afraid to get scratches in her Jeep! LOL) Hers have held up fine so far, but the Jeep sees mostly asphalt.

I had considered the Apollo Pro series when I added my 124's, but after installing hers I was skeptical on how well the plastic housing at the mounts would hold up against really tight trails when you have to mow your own path around things.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. There's so many choices, KC brand and otherwise.

What's your goal lighting wise? Blinding rodents while night wheeling or seeing roadsigns better?

X2

Before ordering, decide what light pattern is going to fit your driving needs, and decide on the mounting location location.

I found that the Long range work best up higher on the Jeep. I have DayLighters on KC windshield brackets, and have another pair of Slimlites above the winch to fill in the light gap. They give the longest reach, however the beam pattern is narrow.

Fogs work best in the Factory fog locations, and I find they are the best all around light for street driving. My fogs are switched on all the time, there a great supplement to the headlights at night, and work well as daytime driving lights.

Driving lights pretty much have the same beam pattern as your headlights, however there a lot brighter and reach out farther. 100w driving lights would probably be a bit much for street driving as you would constantly blind oncoming traffic.

I like the Slimlites for use on the bumper, because they stick out very little. I originally had my DayLighters on the bumper, over the winch, but was constantly repositioning them from being knocked around on the trail. There up on KC windshield brackets now, and throw a much better light pattern.

Check out the KC beam patterns: http://support.kchilites.com/index....on=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=16

1 - 6 of 6 Posts