Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got new KC lights for Christmas and I want to mount them on the windshield of my 2011 Rubicon, but everywhere I look I keep finding the brackets that work on the years up to 2010. Ive owned my jeep for a week and a day and this is the first thing I've done to it. Will the mounts for the 2010 work on a 2011?

·
Registered
279 Posts
They should work as the outside is still the same.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
yup the'll work, i had an extra set and gave them to a friend for his 2011 and mounted right up.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Try to get the KC slimlite BKTs, they won't let the lights interfere with the radio antenna !

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
It's still not a great place to mount lights though...
I mean, they look cool there and all. They just don't shine on the road worth a dang.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hilldweller said:
It's still not a great place to mount lights though...
I mean, they look cool there and all. They just don't shine on the road worth a dang.
Not to mention that it causes insane amounts of glare on your side windows, o have to roll my windows down to use them at night.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Yo HD, they have tapered bases for full adjustment, but

They are only intended for OFF-ROAD anyway !!

My fogs/driving lights and KC lights, light up the forest, both sides when I use ALLOFEM-off-road and I can't use the KCs on road anywho!!

WOW, NC mine don't cause any glare !, maybe the jeep color or your light exposure adjustment !

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
JIMBOX said:
:cool: Yo HD, they have tapered bases for full adjustment, but

They are only intended for OFF-ROAD anyway !!

My fogs/driving lights and KC lights, light up the forest, both sides when I use ALLOFEM-off-road and I can't use the KCs on road anywho!!

WOW, NC mine don't cause any glare !, maybe the jeep color or your light exposure adjustment !
Its probably because i have hella 550s and they dont have anything to block the light.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I learned my lesson. Windshield mounts also suck when it comes to bugs. You're out wheeling and every mosquito is swarming around those damn things. Nah, I'll keep 'em down on the bumper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
With the glare, try to angle for long range use on a post of the vehicle and if you have a set on your bumper use them for driving, look like a stadium coming down the road,

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Heh Heh,I can't use my KCs for driving on the highway, but I do use my Driving lights and my fogs, to supplement my (improved/yellow) headlights anyway-

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Hey Jimbo I though you couldnt have your KCs on on the road ^ ;)

It doesnt matter much where I live because 99% of roads are back roads, and I havent seen a cop within 10 miles in the 13 years Ive lived here.

Anyways, the Kc daylights definitely light up whatever you need, but if you want something for road use, dont get these. Unless you dont mind paying for it ;)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Heh Heh, yea me to, we don't have any cops around here in NV-sheriff deputys!!

Hey Jimbo I though you couldnt have your KCs on on the road ^ ;)

It doesnt matter much where I live because 99% of roads are back roads, and I havent seen a cop within 10 miles in the 13 years Ive lived here.

Anyways, the Kc daylights definitely light up whatever you need, but if you want something for road use, dont get these. Unless you dont mind paying for it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
:cool: Heh Heh,I can't use my KCs for driving on the highway, but I do use my Driving lights and my fogs, to supplement my (improved/yellow) headlights anyway-

I got me a set of 130 watt daylighters and a set of 100 watt daylighters for my TJ (I know wrong forum). I thought I could use the 100 watts for fog lights on the road. There is no way I could do that, they are way to bright. KC offers 100 watt fog lights. If I get those to use as fogs will they be to bright for street use or does the fog pattern make them legal???

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt304/terminator012/2010-12-26_16-08-13_739.jpg?t=1293598534

WTH. I can't post pics no more the insert pics link is not lit up along with everything else that's messed up since I got this pc.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
THANKS. Heck I can't even put a smiley in. They are not clickable either.

Please add a bang head for me,lol.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: I don't know about your "fog" lights strength and your driving lights --

THANKS. Heck I can't even put a smiley in. They are not clickable either.

Please add a bang head for me,lol.
Most states regulate their vehicle lighting based on Auto Standard issue and any aftermkt lights we put on, have to be a measured distance BELOW the headlights, so you'll have to check with your DMV-

My NorNv, Desert county (LYON county) is very lenient on most lighting/exhaust restrictions !!

Good luck-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts