Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the 130 KC Offroad lights. I would like to mount on the bumper. Any tricks to mounting the lights? I have everything wired up just need to mount the lights. How do I get the nut on if I drill through the stock bumper and tube underneath?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Just get a T-55 torx bit & with a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter, use a 1/2" ratchet wrench to remove all six of the T-55 bolts that hold the bumper on. Then you can remove the bumper & mount the lights.

Edit: The bumper is too thin to tap, you'll need to use a nut and bolt to hold the lights on.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's Jerry. If I mount the lights where the tube is underneath the bumper, won't that cause clearance issues when I go to put the bumper back on? I've neer had the bumper off, but it looks like it would

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
I'd place them where the factory installs the fog lights. I've only installed KC lights on an aftermarket bumper but outboard of the tube should work ok for the OE bumper which is where the factory mounts the fog lights.

Like those on the outboard side of the OE bumper below in the pic I found using Google...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a kc lightbar that wraps around a winch

All I gotta do is buy a winch plate and I'll be able to slap my warn vr12000 :thumb: I like this light bar. I think KC stopped making these but I'm sure you can still find them on Amazon and other websites..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts