Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help wiering KC lights to the windshield and a switch through the firewall. I need more information on how to wire? It's a 2002 tj sport
Thanks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
what exactly do you need? KC has a wiring diagram, follow that. Here's what I did, unfortunately I don't have my jeep where I'm at so no pics :( but I drilled holes in the plate below the windshield (can't remember the name lol) and ran the wires through there, connected the two lights like KC said to do, then ran the wire under the gasket into the engine compartment by the battery. Once there I put in a relay, this acts as a switch for your switch. (the relay is connected to a fuse, if there is too much amperage the fuse will cut the power to your relay and this will in turn cut power to your switch saving the switch) This relay will have a diagram with it that tells you where each prong should be plugged into, one goes to the battery, one goes to the switch, one goes to the light and one should tie into a 20 amp fuse. Run the wire from the relay to the switch by going along the firewall to the driver's side. On my 04 TJ I found a hole with a rubber plug that wasn't being used. I cut a hole in the gasket and ran all my wires (lights, winch...) to my switches through there! It's perfect. Sorry I know this sucks without pictures but I won't be home for another few weeks :/ BTW I did this back in december, wrote this off memory. The overall idea should be right though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I get a better understanding now thanks, and one more question... I have a place for 4 switches on the dash right under the radio there just plastic rectangles. how do i get the wires and switch there? Do I have to take the dash apart? how do i get the switch for the KC lights there?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well I bought my own switches custom from otrttw (search that in google) their switches fit in the factory spots. To get access yes you must take the dash cover off and the switch panel. Not bad but that kc switch won't fit in the factory spots

·
Registered
265 Posts
x2 on ottrattw switches. great fit and price.

To wire the switches, there's a removable grommet under where your abs tray is on the driver's side you can pull out and pop a hole into to get the wires from your relay to the switches. There's a ground already set up next to your left foot in the driver's side you can use to ground the switches. Remove the dash bezel to gain access to the back of those blank spaces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts