Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for my first set of offroad lights. I don't really go out in the dark, but think a set would be good in case of emergencies. I like the traditional look of the KC's... thinking about the 100w driving lights with the super cool light protectors... The Rigid dually d2's are definitely brighter and double price. The KC's give you the "Jeep" look. Let's be honest, most of the mods that most people do are for looks.... most of the time.
I am leaning towards the KC's.... any advice or input?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
"super cool light protectors..."
"most of the mods that most people do are for looks.... most of the time. "

Sounds like you are going for form over function. Bud has a set of the KCs and I have the Dually spots (not hyper spot). We did a side by side and no comparison, mine out shined his.

KCs "exclusive 23 Year Warranty" vs RI Limited Lifetime Warranty (electrical)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"super cool light protectors..."
"most of the mods that most people do are for looks.... most of the time. "

Sounds like you are going for form over function. Bud has a set of the KCs and I have the Dually spots (not hyper spot). We did a side by side and no comparison, mine out shined his.

KCs "exclusive 23 Year Warranty" vs RI Limited Lifetime Warranty (electrical)
Not quite. I wheel every other weekend,but not generally in the dark. So yeah, they're for emergency situations not for daily use. I worry about someone stealing expensive LED lights. The KC's are classic, you can't argue that..... Saying all that, I have decided on the Rigid dually d2 for the windshield and KC's for the grill.

I said the comment about looks over need because when you only use something a couple times it is nice to have it actually look good on your rig... Function is nice too but it's gotta look good.

·
Registered
33,928 Posts
KC 130 on the windshield for long range, Ridge Yellow LED fogs on the bull bar and Ridge LED fogs in the bumper.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My suggestion would be to check out some of the cheap LED lights on the market. Usually I go for quality over price, but I'm only out at night a few times per year, so I just couldn't justify the cost of Rigids. Plus, I like the look of round lights much better. So, I bought a set of Kawell 42W round flood lights. A friend of mine bought a set of Kawell 27W round floods. Go for the 42W over the 27W. Quality seems very nice for the price, and they have performed well. You really can't go wrong for about $50.

Amazon.com: KAWELL® Two-pack 60 Degree 42W LED Flood Light Round Off Road Lighting 12V 24V Off Road 4x4 Quad Atv Lighting: Automotive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts