Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings WF Members! I spent a while in the Waiting room, and it was damn well worth the wait for this amazing vehicle! Now my wallet hurts and I see no end in sight for mods!

I'm planning on cataloging my mods/work on the jeep here to keep track and share with you wonderful folks!

Ordered 1/30
Delivered 3/13

Stats:
2015 JKU Rubicon, Tank w/ Saddle brown interior. Manual trans.

First mods were to augment the things I didn’t order from the dealer.

Quadratec grab handles
Quadratec rubber mats (front/rear/cargo)
BestTop driver seat lock box

Then it was time to upgrade the sound system. I ran all new wiring to the speakers to not disturb the original wiring harnesses.

I started off with a Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX head unit w/ Carplay.

I quickly noticed that the audio quality was still quite terrible with the stock speakers.

So time for the stereo upgrade:
Stealthpod sub enclosure + JL 10w6v2
Focal Access 165 coaxial for the sound bar
Focal 165A1 Component speakers for front
Kicker 300.4 (4 Channel amp)
Kicker 600.1 (Sub amp)
eBay passenger seat mounting plate.

Now the system is rocking and clear top off and 75 on the freeway!

After a few family trips with the dog I knew a et divider was needed. I picked up the Dirty Dog Pet barrier, which is fantastic!

I also got a screaming deal on a returned set of the smittybuilt webbing cargo nets (Still not completely installed), in hopes that I can keep the dogs from needed to be tied up in the car.

Upcoming:
I recently setup an appointment for the jeep to get a Rubicon Express 3.5” lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, and 35x12.5x17 tires and ProComp Predator wheels. These go on as soon as the parts come into the shop.

I also ordered the sPOD and a pillar and a hood mount LED lights. I'm still on the fence about the 50" windshield bar due to wind noise and soft top flapping.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I'll be posting more pics once the SPOD and lights are in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Added the sPOD with blue switches and a Generic 20" hood mount lightbar (Rigid Industries mount)

TONS of light! The sPOD made the installation super easy for lights.

Lightbar from inside the car:

The sPOD button cluster

Yes I know I'm two-handing my phone while driving and its a terrible thing to do even at 5mph.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3.5" Rubicon Express lift, wheels, and 35x12.5x17 tires installed!

Thanks to 4WP in Sparks for the fantastic job.

Looks mean now!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Next step is a front bumper, winch, and a rear tire carrier upgrade (Teraflex HD Hinge).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Small update. I haven't been able to move forward with the build. The Jeep has been at the dealer since May with CEL P0340 that they are unable to repair... Not sure how to proceed.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Small update. I haven't been able to move forward with the build. The Jeep has been at the dealer since May with CEL P0340 that they are unable to repair... Not sure how to proceed.
That falls under the lemon law since it has been there since may. Look into that. Have them give you a new one along with the money you spent on mods or take the mods off as best as possible. No reason for it to be sitting there. In all honesty, they probably put it behind the shop and are not touching it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
replaced

Not sure if I should close this thread and start a new one or continue on.

The dealer finally replaced my Jeep outside the LemonLaw/Chrysler Buyback.

Now I have a brand new 2015 White JKUR with a Hard-Top and Climate Control. Most of the mods have been moved over, so everything in this thread is relevant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts