Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 4.0, the other day I was driving home for lunch and I hit a bump and the Jeep died. Trying to start the Jeep I noticed the fuel pump wasn't priming. I checked the fuses and noticed the F1 fuse was blown. I replaced it and, tried to start it again and blew another fuse. So I dropped the tank, replaced the pump and same thing. Blew another fuse. I replaced the relay and same thing, blew another one. I took another look at it today and noticed the O2 sensor wiring was up against the manifold, all 4 are burnt to hell.. would that cause the fuse to blow like that? If it wasn't for my DD being in the shop getting the front end rebuilt I wouldn't care about this as an engine swap is coming up soon... Can you tell me if the wires from the O2 be blowing the fuse? I'm going to splice these wire tomorrow morning, but is there anything else to check? Also I checked the ground for the fuel pump on the engine block and moved it to the battery, which it still blew another fuse. Thank you for your time and recommendations.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you have spliced them then you know by now that that was the cause....o2 sensor is on that circuit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts