Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced everything!!!!! Even the internal slave 2 twice. And it was part of the problem but now I keep losing it. I replaced the clutch line and the master. It seems to have helped but still can't go far with out bleeding it. Any ideas? Getting really sick of this pos!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What year and trans? Internal or external slave? I know my 95 you have to buy the CMC lines and CSC as a complete pre-bleed system. If one goes out I have to spend the $160 to replace all three.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My jeep is a 87 with the 4.2 but the trans is not the factory one I'm pritty sure it came out of a 2.4ltr jeep. And it has a internal slave.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it be the cap on the master? Seems really cheep and it looks like fluid got pushed out of the cap. I ordered it from quadratec.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
the hose that goes from the master cylinder to the slave has a retaining strap with a bolt in it..take the bolt out and pull the hose down so that any air must go up either to the master cylinder or up to the slave cylinder.hold the hose down like this with a hammer,crowbar,whatever you have handy while you bleed the clutch.since I started doing this I have had no problem bleeding them

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the hose that goes from the master cylinder to the slave has a retaining strap with a bolt in it..take the bolt out and pull the hose down so that any air must go up either to the master cylinder or up to the slave cylinder.hold the hose down like this with a hammer,crowbar,whatever you have handy while you bleed the clutch.since I started doing this I have had no problem bleeding them
Good idea. I'll have to try that. How many times should it take after I try this? And did u have issues like mine before you discovered this way of doing so?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Good idea. I'll have to try that. How many times should it take after I try this? And did u have issues like mine before you discovered this way of doing so?
yes I did..I had one almost drive me crazy..I tried everything..then I noticed how the hose looped up and knew that was the logical place for air to get trapped..just bleed it several times..it worked for me ( after screwing with the damn thing for several days )

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes I did..I had one almost drive me crazy..I tried everything..then I noticed how the hose looped up and knew that was the logical place for air to get trapped..just bleed it several times..it worked for me ( after screwing with the damn thing for several days )
If been screwing with the his damn thing for a few months!!! About ready to sell it!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If been screwing with the his damn thing for a few months!!! About ready to sell it!!
I certainly understand that..I hate hydraulic clutches..sure they were a little harder to press but I never had a minutes trouble out of any of the many willys and cj's that I had over the years with the mechanical clutch

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I certainly understand that..I hate hydraulic clutches..sure they were a little harder to press but I never had a minutes trouble out of any of the many willys and cj's that I had over the years with the mechanical clutch
I got a cj trans and t case in the shop. I'll put that in my yj lol

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I got a cj trans and t case in the shop. I'll put that in my yj lol
that would be great if the front shaft was not on the wrong side..I have 2 cj7's now with complete chevy running gears..350's and chevy automatic..thats what I like..thinking about selling both my yj's

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that would be great if the front shaft was not on the wrong side..I have 2 cj7's now with complete chevy running gears..350's and chevy automatic..thats what I like..thinking about selling both my yj's
My cj trans and case is for sale only 80,000 miles. The jeep was rear ended so I kept some of the drive line and that's all I have left. I want it gone to. Also have a gear driven t case out of a 68 Chevy pick up.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
take your time and you can probably get some good bucks for all that stuff..I liked the cj 3 speeds but the later 4 speeds did not seem nearly as heavy duty...one of my cj's has a divorced transfer case out of a 69 gmc

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
take your time and you can probably get some good bucks for all that stuff..I liked the cj 3 speeds but the later 4 speeds did not seem nearly as heavy duty...one of my cj's has a divorced transfer case out of a 69 gmc
I'm asking 250 for the trans and case. I had one guy tell me it was a good price so iv just keep it the same asking price for a while.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You have to bleed the heck out of it. I even had to do a reverse bleed and 1/2 hour later and sitting overnight solved the problem. It's a pain in...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have to bleed the heck out of it. I even had to do a reverse bleed and 1/2 hour later and sitting overnight solved the problem. It's a pain in...
How do you let it sit over night?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't see how letting it sit overnight or for a month would move an air bubble..did you try pulling the hose down
I put a new hose on when I did the clutch. I looked at it today and there's not a big loop like the original. Its pritty flat but a slight loop. I'm gonna move it around while someone pumps the clutch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts