Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread here I was debating selling my 2011 rubi and buying a 2012...made the call to buy the new one; I can afford it and it eliminates my desire to HEMI it down the road due to lack of power.

With that said, I have a set of Duratracs on it, essentially 33's that like my 2011 rubi have 20,000 miles on them. They seem to have a significant amount of tread remaining on them, I could see getting easily another year, maybe two out of them - I certainly won't get as much life out of them as I would the stock BFG MT's though (obviously).

I want to swap them onto the new 2012 rubi for a few reasons:

1) they look a hell of a lot better than the stock ones, stick out from the fenders, raise it just a touch etc
2) where I live we get rain all winter
3) we also get snow and ice from time to time through the winter

Opinions?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Sounds like you really are just looking for others to agree with you on keeping the Duratracs and I do. :thumb:

·
Registered
771 Posts
If you like them then keep them. Sorry to hear about your "underpowered" JK. I hope the '12 suits you and your driving/offroading style better.
I would keep the tires, I love my Duratracs and they are quiet. I think they are quieter than my stock tires on the freeway. You could always keep both sets, if possible, and use the Duratracs during the winter and the BFGs during the summer.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yeah those duratracs are junk now, should definitely get rid of them. Send them to me, I'll get rid of them for you :whistling:

·
Registered
657 Posts
How about this. Trade the Duratracks with your old Jeep. As soon as you get the new Jeep, sell the wheels / tires and put that $ toward a new set of tires & wheels.

Do the math. You may find that you come out ahead ... or maybe not ?

- Keith -

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about this. Trade the Duratracks with your old Jeep. As soon as you get the new Jeep, sell the wheels / tires and put that $ toward a new set of tires & wheels.

Do the math. You may find that you come out ahead ... or maybe not ?

- Keith -
Ran the math on that when I bought the 2011...didn't make sense at all...Luckily the dealer got me in touch with someone that had a sport on the same train as mine from the factory and he wanted the rubicon tires, paid like $800 for them so made it only a few hundred bucks for me to get the duratracs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts