Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New JKU RHR coming in a few weeks (or days), but trying to decide if I should keep the stock HR bumpers or sell them and replace them with something else given the slight issues with winch mounting in the front bumper; and the off-centered/to high AEV tire carrier that integrates with the HR rear bumper and losing one tow ring in the process. Plus no real way to mount D-rings and I really don't care for the tow hooks on the front bumper.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
New JKU RHR coming in a few weeks (or days), but trying to decide if I should keep the stock HR bumpers or sell them and replace them with something else given the slight issues with winch mounting in the front bumper; and the off-centered/to high AEV tire carrier that integrates with the HR rear bumper and losing one tow ring in the process. Plus no real way to mount D-rings and I really don't care for the tow hooks on the front bumper.

Thoughts?
I like mine but you certainly can recoup a large part of a replacement purchase. One reason I got rid of my Sahara and got the HR was because I was going to get AEV bumpers

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think if I was just going to remove all the stuff that makes it a special edition I would just order the regular Rubicon.

But anyway, I think you should just give it a little time and see how you feel about it once you get it.

Then when you decide to bag those stupid HR bumpers and wheels/tires just send them to me. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I like my HR bumpers, though they could definitely use some Hi-Lift tabs and reinforcement in them.

I'm debating getting a stubby so I can mount my Warn 8274 on it, then swapping the HR bumper back on each fall after wheeling season and before the salt truck comes out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if I was just going to remove all the stuff that makes it a special edition I would just order the regular Rubicon.

But anyway, I think you should just give it a little time and see how you feel about it once you get it.

Then when you decide to bag those stupid HR bumpers and wheels/tires just send them to me. ;-)
I was just going to buy a standard Rubicon but I got a killer, killer, deal on a HR (only $500 more than a like-equipped Rubicon) that had not even hit the dealers lot yet. The HR Hood was worth the extra $500 to me.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've got a regular Rubicon and $500 extra. Want to do a swap? :)

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I was just going to buy a standard Rubicon but I got a killer, killer, deal on a HR (only $500 more than a like-equipped Rubicon) that had not even hit the dealers lot yet. The HR Hood was worth the extra $500 to me.
That's amazing. Is it the Dennis Dillon Jeep in Idaho?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Sell 'em quick! :thumb:

Rear bumper looks good and is light weight, but otherwise useless. Mounts the hitch too low for good departure angle, and very limited to upgrades.

Front bumper looks good, is light, and convertible to stubby in less than 10 minutes.
According to what I've been reading the 2015 has a centered fairlead mount.
Will run about $250 to set it up for a winch.
Figuring it will sell for $600 or more, when you add $250 for winch mounting gear, that gives you a lot of options.

I sold the rear bumper but kept the front. Modified it for Hi-Lift points, added a winch, and a minimalist Stinger.
I like the steel skid plate that comes with it, and the ability to go from stubby to a pedestrian friendly bumper in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Definitely, at that price you can't go wrong

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts