Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride my jeep with 33s but unfortunately have a stock spare. should I keep riding with the stock on the back or take it off? I have seen some people with it off and I like the look but still hesitant to follow through. Let me know your thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I think it depends on how you feel about having to leave your rig along the side of the road or trail if you get a flat tire. I have way too much invested in mine to leave it unattended in the middle of nowhere. Thieves and vandals suck. IMHO a small spare is still better than no spare.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The day I remove my spare is when I'll cut a sidewall..... Mine stays on.
Having a smaller spare then your other tires doesn't make much sense....
I, being only a senior, has a small budget so I was only able to afford 4 tires and not the spare. For my birthday in April I am getting a full size spare though. Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I keep my tires fresh, I only mount up the spare when I go off road. Knock on some wood, I've never had a flat with good tires, on pavement anyway.

·
Registered
901 Posts
This recently happened to me on a blacktop road. You just never know. Even a used piece of crap tire that is the right size is a better spare than nothing at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts