Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trim on my jeep is slowly starting to gray and lose its shine. I've used Tire foam on some of it, Tire Wet on others but I'm looking for a good NON-Greesy shine. What do you guys use to keep the trim black and shiney?:popcorn:Thanks for the info in advance. Matt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Let me know when you find out, my 08 is almost ash white now. No matter what I put on it only lasts a day or two. I am seriously considering rhino coat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
+1 for black wow, it will do wonders.

The thing is, your plastic needs as much if not more attention then your paint. You need to keep up on conditioning it, I do it every time i wash because i dont want it to fade. It needs moisturizing and SPF protection. Use black wow to restore it then use this, Its not glossy and shinny, it makes it look clean and "conditioned"

Extreme V.R.P Dressing

Also part of your problem is using tire products on plastic, Most are not developed to do both. Because more then likely you used over the counter tire wet you dryed your plastics out expediting the discoloration.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Whatever you guys use on your fenders, do you also use this on your hard top or soft top? I just picked up some mothers back to black to put on my fenders and was wondering if it's also good to put on the hard top.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mother's

The trim on my jeep is slowly starting to gray and lose its shine. I've used Tire foam on some of it, Tire Wet on others but I'm looking for a good NON-Greesy shine. What do you guys use to keep the trim black and shiney?:popcorn:Thanks for the info in advance. Matt
Mother's "Back to Black" works pretty well too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
+1 for black wow, it will do wonders.

The thing is, your plastic needs as much if not more attention then your paint. You need to keep up on conditioning it, I do it every time i wash because i dont want it to fade. It needs moisturizing and SPF protection. Use black wow to restore it then use this, Its not glossy and shinny, it makes it look clean and "conditioned"

Extreme V.R.P Dressing

Also part of your problem is using tire products on plastic, Most are not developed to do both. Because more then likely you used over the counter tire wet you dryed your plastics out expediting the discoloration.
+2 for Black Wow
A little bottle of that stuff lasts a long time.
I'll give the Extreme V.R.P a shot.
303 provides good uv protection when it's on there but it seems to wash off so fast.

·
Registered
148 Posts
On my TJ I used to use the stuff for patio furniture. I think that Rustolium made it...or Krylon. Can't remember, but I got it at Lowes in the patio furniture section. Sprayed it on...that was it. Never had to mess with it again.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
NWranglerS said:
Whatever you guys use on your fenders, do you also use this on your hard top or soft top? I just picked up some mothers back to black to put on my fenders and was wondering if it's also good to put on the hard top.
I've used back to black several times, it doesn't last long on mine but its probably older and in worse shape than most in here, I can't afford to be in a some new color waiting room thread, still driving the 08

1 - 15 of 15 Posts