Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that hate spending cash on wiper blades/inserts often. This is a simple little thing I've done to keep mine good for a longer use!

Take a towel & spray it with window cleaner of your choosing. Wipe the part that wipes the window. Spray a clean section of the towel again & wipe. Repeat this about 5-10 times.

That is all. I've been doing this & only replace my wipers about once or twice. Blades will wipe better. It may get to the point it'll stop working. But at least you'll delay the time you'll have to buy them!

I usually do this when I clean mi beastie! which is about once a week or 2. Been doing this to my jeep since I've got her.

Just a tip for those that care!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Good idea. Many people replace their blades when they start streaking but really they are just dirty from road grit, etc from not being used recently.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just tried 303 Wiper Treatment wipes for the first time on my 1 1/2 YO factory blades. At first I didnt like it cause it actually left a smear but now that it has rained a few times and they have been used that has stopped.

303 Wiper Treatment

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been doing it for a long time. I just use any window cleaner I have at the shop.which is usually good stuff.

Like you said, just a lot of dirt on there. Nice cleaning is all that is needed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts