Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a set of these on my 2017 JK 2dr Recon soft top. I have 1.5" spacers, flat fenders and stock Recon wheels. They measure out to 33.5" at 31 psi. There is no rubbing at full turn with the swaybar disconnected. The spare fits fine on the stock carrier with no rub on the steel bumper. It just barley touches the bottom of the 3rd brake light. They are much quieter and handle better on road than the stock size KM2s they replaced. Had them up at Rausch Creek and they grip well in the muddy/wet rocks. So far, I am happy with them. I will report back once we get some snow and I get some more miles on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a set of these on my 2017 JK 2dr Recon soft top. I have 1.5" spacers, flat fenders and stock Recon wheels. They measure out to 33.5" at 31 psi. There is no rubbing at full turn with the swaybar disconnected. The spare fits fine on the stock carrier with no rub on the steel bumper. It just barley touches the bottom of the 3rd brake light. They are much quieter and handle better on road than the stock size KM2s they replaced. Had them up at Rausch Creek and they grip well in the muddy/wet rocks. So far, I am happy with them. I will report back once we get some snow and I get some more miles on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hey guys, first time posting but have done a bunch of research on these tires so wanted share these photos. These are the Kendra 35s 10.5 with terra 3 inch lift and 1.25 wheel spacers. This is my sons Jeep and wanted to keep a stock look but improve the overall performance on and of road. So far very impressed. A little louder than the 33 ishx10 ridge grapplers they replaced, but at speeds under 50 it’s hard to notice. We have not run them down in Moab yet but I’ll post again once we do.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Put the Kendas on last week right before my Colorado trip. No problems at 80mph across Hwy 50. Works good on the trails out here.

They pick up every rock on gravel roads, other than that no issues. I live 45 minutes from Lake Tahoe so soon they will see snow.

Jeep is on a RK 1.5 spring lift and 17x8.5 rims 5.2 backspacing. Ran up to Yankee Boy Basin yesterday and no rubbing but it's close. I have flat fenders/inner liners at home I need to install.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I really hope Kenda keeps these tires in their production lineup for many years to come. I really think they made a great tire for the Wrangler community.

Reactions: jeep63

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,582 Posts
Just ran them on 160 miles of trail between Montrose, CO and Moab UT. dry, dusty, compact rutty rock, higher speed smooth dirt, 18" water crossings, clay mud, sand. Ran at 24psi for most of it except the 6 miles of compact rock. Took it down to 14psi. Excellent. No issues. 14psi held without issue over some terrific rock crawling. Only issue I had was a valve stem that would not seal and had to change to the spare. It was not a tire issue, but a bad valve issue.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,582 Posts
I called it the Northern Rim Rocker Alternative. Rim Rocker is an excellent trip, but has 3 sections of 15-20 miles of pavement between dirt sections. The northern route had 32 miles of pavement, once. The last 20 miles from Dinosaur Tracks to Moab are pavement as well. The views from this trail and elevation are far more scenic than Rim Rocker. I pieced this one together after watching a video of RR and felt it too boring for me. Next to no one out there except dropping into Nucla. It was hunting season.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,582 Posts
Only issues we had the entire trip were going into Moab. Clusterfuck due to construction and a shit ton of people. Hotels were at capacity. Locals were awfully cool though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, we were in Moab at the begining of Sept....was busy then too and the HWY construction on the north end of town was bad...but it was an amazing place non the less.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,582 Posts
It is pretty amazing. As for dispersed camping, we found a lot of Public Land amongst all of the cattle ranches. Uber quiet. Smoke obscured most of the stars at night, but the full moon made it interesting.

Oh, and the tires were amazing! LOL.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For those that own this tire, I am interested in what is your experience has been relative to gearing requirements. Is an auto transmission with 4.10 gearing adequate given the tire is a bit lighter than wider 35’s or would you still be better served by regearing?

·
Registered
510 Posts
For those that own this tire, I am interested in what is your experience has been relative to gearing requirements. Is an auto transmission with 4.10 gearing adequate given the tire is a bit lighter than wider 35’s or would you still be better served by regearing?
You'll be fine with 4.10's.

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,582 Posts
4.10's should be fine unless you have a really heavy rig. Then you may be better served with a 4.88. Mine is heavy. Roof rack, skids, AEV bumpers, heavy tire carrier, plus all of my overlanding and camping gear, fuel, water, dog, etc. I have OEM 3.73's and its fine around town since the largest elevation gain here is about 4 feet! Its a dog on mountain highways. 4.56 is in my near future.

Reactions: dmulk

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
i drove my 6spd for a while on 4.10s and went on one wheeling trip. I missed the crawling capability with the factory 32s. It is probably fine for most.

I went to 4.88s and am very happy. it crawls as well if not better than it did stock. plus the on road performance is back. i’m not reving too high either while on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
6,199 Posts
I would say try it and see. If you feel you need to regear, it isn't that big a deal. But you may find it is OK for you and how you use your Jeep. I think with an automatic trans you are more likely to be OK with it. Gearing that is too tall is harder with a manual trans. If you are OK with it, let it be. For us, the stock tires and gearing were too tall, so regearing was clearly in the cards. But different people and different ways they use their Jeeps mean there is no single answer for everyone.
Just make sure you re-program the system to tell it the new tire size or the speedo and shift points will be off.

·
Registered
260 Posts
4.10's should be fine unless you have a really heavy rig. Then you may be better served with a 4.88. Mine is heavy. Roof rack, skids, AEV bumpers, heavy tire carrier, plus all of my overlanding and camping gear, fuel, water, dog, etc. I have OEM 3.73's and its fine around town since the largest elevation gain here is about 4 feet! Its a dog on mountain highways. 4.56 is in my near future.

I'm also on 3.73's but currently have 285/70-17's KO2's. I'm also built heavy. Just curious that you mention 4.88's but mention 4.54's are in your future...not to split this thread....but why are you going 4.54's instead of 4.88's for these tires? I'm considering 4.54's with my current "33's" because 4.88's would seem too tall for them.....but these kenda's in this size are interesting....thoughts?

241 - 260 of 289 Posts