Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

281 - 289 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mopar fender flares finally installed and plenty of clearance now around the tires with bump stop flex. No rubbing. The teraflex hinge didn’t provide enough spacing by itself (~1/4”) to be able to mount the spare tire to factory mount, but with the teraflex mount it moves up and back allowing it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love seeing those badges! Keep knocking them down :)

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I ran the Mopar Hightop flares for exactly one month and despite really wanting to like them I did not. My jeep is lifted 2.5" and the Mopar hightop flares made the 35s look small. I have a 10A, so the rear bumper lined up once I removed the plastic extension.

Top is OEM, bottom is with Hightop flares:

I get how they probably work well with no lift and 35s. They are hard to come by too, so trail damage can lead to full replacement with something else.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Got the Pizza Cutters mounted (new fenders on order to clear while flexed), any recommendations on getting the spare to work on the factory carrier? Will a reinforced gate be enough spacing on factory wheels? Like 82214770AC?

-Blackbear Edition
-3.73, Factory Rear Locker
-6 Speed manual

Mine mounted right to the stock carrier. Theyre narrow enough to easily fit. Your bumper might be an issue though. I have an aftermarket rear bumper that allows for a larger diameter tire

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine mounted right to the stock carrier. Theyre narrow enough to easily fit. Your bumper might be an issue though. I have an aftermarket rear bumper that allows for a larger diameter tire
Yes, some combination of the factory wheel offset (44.45mm), factory rear bumper (plastic) and factory third brake light wouldn’t allow the stock carrier to work. No big deal.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Finally got my adaptors for my OL trailer. Now I need a pair of these. Looking at $201 Wallyworld. Is that about the best price nowadays or does Wally still fluctuate some on pricing?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just got 5 delivered from Amazon simple tire with 5 roktrix bronze wheels. 201 ea for the Kendas. When I get around to getting them mounted I will do a weights and measures thing and compare to the 32s on the stock 7.5 sport wheels. Will be installing mce flat fenders with no lift to start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Their tires have decent reviews online, but I have never tried to run a set of Kenda tires before.
I've been extremely happy with mine. Great in the snow, perfectly fine in the rain, haven't been off road with them yet though as we've gotten a good bit of snow this winter.

281 - 289 of 289 Posts