Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with a Kenwood stereo and Garmin GPS in fact any GPS. When I first got my 2011 Jeep and also had put in a new stereo, after I got everything working with the stereo I went to use the GPS and the GPS never worked, I thought the GPS got damaged in the crash (my late 94 Wrangler) so I bought a new GPS. It never worked or locked on satellites. I was so pissed after spending for a new GPS. But when the Jeep was turned off the GPS would work. So to drag on the story only when the Kenwood DDX375BT was on it blanks out the GPS.

I called Kenwood they claimed it was not their radio and it was Garmins fault (REALLY!! I had more than that to say the least)

I went into the dash and covered every wire with silver metal tape and under side of the dash. It seem to cut down on what ever interference being radiated from the Kenwood it also seem to stop when I changed from the radio to usb. So still to this day I still have no idea what the radio is doing, guess I just need to rip it out and get something else It's tough sometimes not having a radio while the GPS is being used.
just thought I'd share this with everyone just in sum chance someone else had this problem.
Thanks for reading!
Marty

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, mine continues, Not sure what system in the radio is disrupting, I do know when I change from radio to USB or Bluetooth the GPS starts to receive, Wish I had another radio to try. I would have tried a JVC but they are now owned by Kenwood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts