Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It is but I feel better having a aftermarket clutch since the 37's wear out the stock one pretty fast is what ive heard... But not as fast as it did on mine, I guess mine was super weak or something. I would just feel more comfortable with a higher end one, so I don't get stuck somewhere!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What did you end up going with? Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I went with the centerforce clutch kit... Part number KDF379176!
I'll update on how it feels and how it's going with it! Jeep should be ready tonight with it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's done! And it drives! However im paranoid about every little sound and feeling I get when driving it...

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
It's done! And it drives! However im paranoid about every little sound and feeling I get when driving it...
Glad to hear you're driving your Jeep again. There might be a slight break-in period with the new clutch? Don't worry about it, just drive it. Is the pedal feel much different than stock?

-Steven

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Glad to hear you're driving your Jeep again. There might be a slight break-in period with the new clutch? Don't worry about it, just drive it. Is the pedal feel much different than stock? -Steven
I actually don't feel any difference! Maybe a bit stiffer but that may be because it's brand new... And yes the more I drive it the more it seems to warm up and feel smoother! Plus I'm getting less paranoid! Driving a normal car for almost 3 weeks will make you forget about how different a lifted Jeep is!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Never posted this... Thought I did but the reason for 3 weeks alway was first because of gearing and having the gearing companies mess up and send only half of he stuff so that took 2 weeks to do! And then the clutch went out almost immediately for about a week! Got to drive a norms car though and got pretty use it it... But still loving the Jeep!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks Great Keralec!

I just bought a 14 Polar Edition Hydro Blue and have my eyes on the Nemesis fenders as well! I was considering having them color matched to the blue.

Love the rims! I want to get the Method double standard black but this makes me look at the gray ones a little more!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Looks Great Keralec!

I just bought a 14 Polar Edition Hydro Blue and have my eyes on the Nemesis fenders as well! I was considering having them color matched to the blue.

Love the rims! I want to get the Method double standard black but this makes me look at the gray ones a little more!

Thanks! And I though about it but I'm not much for the "all blue" since I have a hydro blue hardtop! For the wheels I was thinking all black but took a gamble with the gray ones and love how they contrast with that blue! Good luck on your build too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Been while since I've posted! Been almost 5 months with the aftermarket clutch and it's driving great!
The only new mod has been the rear bumper.

New to come are,
1.Led Tail lights
2.Few interior mods
3.Power tank
4.Front locker
5.Sliders
And possibly roof rack and beadlocks!
Will update you guys as it's coming along.
Thanks,Alec

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Been while since I've posted! Been almost 5 months with the aftermarket clutch and it's driving great!
The only new mod has been the rear bumper.

New to come are,
1.Led Tail lights
2.Few interior mods
3.Power tank
4.Front locker
5.Sliders
And possibly roof rack and beadlocks!
Will update you guys as it's coming along.
Thanks,Alec
Your Hydro is looking great Alec, nice new addition with the rear bumper:thumb: Did you go DV8 as on the front?

-Steven

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No it's a JCR mid width with the tire carrier! Probably gonna get a stubby JCR front bumper too sometime, since the DV8 was just a cheap Craigslist fix for $100!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Installed some blue aluminum covers over the temperature knobs... LED tail lights to come within the next few days!

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Installed some blue aluminum covers over the temperature knobs... LED tail lights to come within the next few days!
I like those! Can you share the source? Happy with the quality?

-Steven

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
^ Those..................very nice looking:thumb:

-Steven

21 - 40 of 84 Posts