Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to tackle installing the AEV Hood today since they were sent from Texas after the Kevlar paint was applied. Pretty easy install. Did it solo. Also, since I was under the hood i decided to install the Dually's. After playing with where I was going to install the D2's, I decided on the front push bar. The HiLites looked better on the window with the other HiLites on the Bumper. Just waiting for the brackets for the fenders to install the Pocket Fenders.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
That paint job looks awesome! No more waxing or polishing for you!

I agree !!!! looks awesome with that kevlar paint :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I love the flat fender look!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did you get that painted professionally? Looks awesome!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good question. Not sure. I bought the jeep new with the entire Jeep painted. I wanted to add the AEV hood and also pocket fenders but didn't want to wait for those to get painted. Had them make other additional customizations I wanted and ship me the jeep right away. Told them to mail me the hood and fenders when they were done being painted.

Curious..how much did they charge for the hood and Kevlar paint. I have thought about doing the grill hood and fenders on my JKU

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's another pic from today. The paint is very cool. Changes the blue color depending on lighting. Incredibly strong. I've had branches a trees drag across this in woods. Also took keys and a screwdriver to it. Not a mark on it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I saw another Jeep at this weekend's meet with what appeared to be a similar type of paint. Definitely like it...wonder how much it would cost to paint my 2 door...

·
Registered
351 Posts
This thing is legit one of the best looking jeeps I've ever seen. I've been contemplating doing this for a long time but I just love the color of mine way too much. If I ever trade this one in though, that's the first thing I'm gonna look into getting done. :appl: beautiful jeep

·
Registered
351 Posts
Crush is too bright an I like the brightness of it. Just wouldn't look good as matte finish. Would really take away from the shine of it

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Good question. Not sure. I bought the jeep new with the entire Jeep painted. I wanted to add the AEV hood and also pocket fenders but didn't want to wait for those to get painted. Had them make other additional customizations I wanted and ship me the jeep right away. Told them to mail me the hood and fenders when they were done being painted.
Man that is sweet, any way to find out what the cost was to paint it? There has to be some info in your sales paperwork somewhere.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts