Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here own or know someone who does own a jeep that has been fully coated with the bedliner like material that has Kevlar integrated into it and can be done in any color?

See this for an example: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (24S pkg) WE FINANCE Dallas, Texas | Starwood Motors

Looking to find out if this finish holds up to UV exposure and road use. Also like to know if those who have it would do it again. Any pros or cons from those who have it?

Last but not least, curious to know what something like that would cost to do if added after the sale?

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really referring to the professionally installed version...

·
Registered
656 Posts
The ultraviolet component of sunlight degrades and decomposes Kevlar, a problem known as UV degradation, and so it is rarely used outdoors without protection against sunlight.

Check wikipedia...

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I'm dubious kevlar in this context offers any real benefit.

But real bedliner--not the rattle can stuff--sure would. It's made to be put in the back of pick up trucks, sit in the sun, and have cinder blocks thrown on it. Check Line-x to find a local instaler and call and ask them.

I've heard of some dealers saying they don't do vehicle exteriors, but you can see it done on some vehicles right on the Line-x website.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Those Jeeps look pretty cool...it's a shame some DB soccer mom will end up buying it to take Timmy and Tyler to practice...

I disagree. I love the fact that soccer moms, street riders and just plain people that never go off road buy jeeps. We should promote them to buy as many as possible. I really think they should all buy Rubicon's and sahara models also.

It makes the Chrysler company stronger, and as they have more profit from that division they will invest more into research and development. I am also looking for a second used jeep. I mush prefer to buy one of these jeeps that some soccer mom has not abused instead of one that one of us here has beat the crap out of.

The more jeeps they buy the more used Rubicons we will see on the used market later on that say, 37 K miles, never off road, perfect cond, etc. etc. just sayin,,:cool:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
TroutSafari said:
I disagree. I love the fact that soccer moms, street riders and just plain people that never go off road buy jeeps. We should promote them to buy as many as possible. I really think they should all buy Rubicon's and sahara models also.

It makes the Chrysler company stronger, and as they have more profit from that division they will invest more into research and development. I am also looking for a second used jeep. I mush prefer to buy one of these jeeps that some soccer mom has not abused instead of one that one of us here has beat the crap out of.

The more jeeps they buy the more used Rubicons we will see on the used market later on that say, 37 K miles, never off road, perfect cond, etc. etc. just sayin,,:cool:
07 w/ 35,000 soccer mom owned, well a woman :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
So how would you maintain that??? you don't wax it ,right? And it degrades in sunlight???

it doesn't seem to make sense.

AJ:)
I don't think Line-X would degrade particularly in sunlight, and I'm sure they have recommended maintanence procedures for cleaning and so on. Can't speak for some new-fangled Kevlar product though.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts