Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have my jeep rubicon painted with Kevlar and I can't seem to figure out how to get it looking clean. I've read in several websites just spray with water pressure (which I have many times) but I still see dirt on it, any suggestions on getting the dirt off or markings off the kevlar paint to make it look new / clean, I read to use tire foam but don't know if that works.

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
12,697 Posts
Welcome to the Forum josefilonlmp,

I went to the Kevlar paint website. Apparently it's some sort of no-gloss textured coating.
I'm thinking like bedliner, only with a finer texture.

Probably the best thing you can do to get it clean is wash it with car soap and use a long handled car wash brush. Hopefully the bristles on the brush will dislodge the dirt in the crevices and you can rinse it away.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Blanka

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for those wondering how to make the kevlar look new again after wash basically going to use

Stoner Car Care - Trim Shine (Vinyl & Plastic Coating) you spray it on and spread it with a towel. Made my jeep look brand new after years of searching.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I’ve got the same issue with keeping my Kevlar looking clean. Do you have a before/after pic? Also, how long have you been using the tire shine and has there been any unintended/negative side effects?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts