Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having big issues with my keyless entry. I have to be within 5 feet of my Jeep to lock/unlock/remote start with the key fob.
Changed batteries twice. Any solutions? When I got the Jeep in March I could be across the parking lot with no problems

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Same here. Buddy and I walking back to our vehicles. My JK he had his wife's dodge mini van. He points his key fob as soon as we saw them. His opened I had the walk quite away before mine would open. His is older than mine. Mine is 5 months old. Must be where they hide the antenna.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
My JK's fob works at quite a distance, from standing outside or in. I'd warranty it it if truly becomes a problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've got a '13 JK and I just tried it. I can see my Jeep in the parking lot and my fob works from at least 100' away when I am inside my office I can click the fob and the lights flash.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lotrat said:
Hold the fob to your chin for max distance. You'll get another 10-20 feet.
They showed that on Top Gear UK

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bet my range under 20 feet. What's odd is that I had the same exact key-fob on my 2005 Dodge Magnum and the range was probably closer to 150 feet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i think height is key (no pun intended). My range is terrible while walking to my jeep in parking lots. But, i did have it work 300feet away, while i was looking out a 3 story window @work.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Mine not only has poor range, but sometimes I have to push the buttons multiple times to get the doors to lock or unlock.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I found that my range varied somewhat, between poor and terrible, depending on if I was facing the front of the Jeep or the rear. Still wasn't happy with it regardless, and ended up going to a quality aftermarket alarm/remote start with 2 way communication, installed by a reputable auto electronic shop.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My remote start button has incredible range (hundreds of feet), but for my lock/unlock buttons to work I have to be within 50 feet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SouthTJ said:
Have you installed anything that could interfere with the antenna on the wireless control module?
I've installed a Uconnect system & new speakers; this is all I can think of that may affect electronics. I have no idea if these things limit the functioning of my module.

I'm just disappointed in the performance now compared to when I purchased it. FWIW, its a 2008, bought used, obviously.

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
My remote start button has incredible range (hundreds of feet), but for my lock/unlock buttons to work I have to be within 50 feet.
Same here with maybe a little less range on both. The lockers are finicky. Have to press them multiple times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts