Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2 key blanks (non fob) from iKeyless for my 2015 Wrangler. After getting them both cut at a local locksmith for $4 the first one failed to program, and the second programmed fine, but the metal key came loose inside the rubber/plastic part the first time I cranked the ignition.

After emailing support, I had two more keys sent my way. Another $4 later at the locksmith, the first one programmed fine, but the second refuses to program. I'm not really sure where to proceed at this point, but I'm really contemplating sending back all four keys back for a complete refund (if they let me) 1 out of 4 working keys does not instill confidence in that final key.

What would you guys do in this situation? Has anyone else worked with iKeyless? Is it possible that I'm just missing something in the programming? Are there any tricks for telling whether or not a transponder is faulty?

P.S. My programming process:
Car off, get in.
First original key inserted and turned to on, wait 5 seconds (roughly around the time the electric throttle control light goes out), take the key out.
Second original key inserted and turned to on, wait around 10 seconds, then turn off (when the security light starts a slow steady blink)
Unprogrammed key in and turned to on, wait 10-20 seconds, turn off. Then attempt to use.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I would not send back the key that works and demand a refund, plus shipping costs of the other ones.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, bbtj. I ended up doing exactly that (plus grinding a bit of the cut keys, because I'm paranoid). I also spent 30 bucks on another key (ilco branded) at my local locksmith and I was able to program it on the first try. iKeyless was great from a customer service standpoint, as they were willing to refund me for one of the two keys. Now if only I had better luck with their products...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts