Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Jeep last night and already lost a key. Probably in the snow somewhere. Are the grey keys the ones with the chips in them? How much are replacement keys?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
About 200 bucks for the black one. Not sure about the grays.I would still look.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Since you only have one left you'll need the dealer or locksmith with right equipment to program the new key. With two working keys you can program a third one yourself. Get uncut key cheap from eBay or Amazon.

☞Sent from here☜

·
Registered
497 Posts
try looking between the seat and console. I drop stuff from my jacket pocket all the time into there. Things like to hide under the carpet down there.
It sux when you lose a key. $200 sounds about right to get a key programmed. My mother paid over $300 for her Mercedes key and it wasn't even lost it just stopped working.

·
Registered
219 Posts
try looking between the seat and console. I drop stuff from my jacket pocket all the time into there. Things like to hide under the carpet down there.
It sux when you lose a key. $200 sounds about right to get a key programmed. My mother paid over $300 for her Mercedes key and it wasn't even lost it just stopped working.
This....There's a fish mouth in the carpet between each front seat and the console. Last time I cleaned mine out I found a small order of french fries and spray off car wash money.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I lost a key 3 weeks ago (the grey one for a 2014 wrangler).
Yes they have to be programmed.
Prices in Canada
129.99 for the key
49.99 for the job to program it

So with taxes (we pay too much of them up here...) it cost me 206$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts