Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be traveling out to Keystone, CO Sept. 12-15 & looking for any advice on "must-do" trails in the area & tips for running them. Hopefully the snow won't be flying, as it looks like there are some awesome high-altitude trails!

Will be running a mostly stock JKU-X on minor lift, A/T's & a winch. Not looking to break anything, but wanna have some fun :thumb:

Any & all advice welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Two trails in that area that come to mind are Peak 10 in Breckenridge and Red Cone. Mosquito pass is south of there, between Leadville and Fairplay. It is the highest drivable pass in Co as I recall.
I also recommend the Charles Wells Funtrek book.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thrasher, how gnarly were the downhills? I'd be running alone - doable?
There is really only one, maybe two, to be ready for but if you read up on how to do them you will be fine. There have been pretty severe accidents though (fatal) so following the recommendations about braking on the loose rocks can be critical. I've done it alone, totally doable. Significant pucker factor for sure but the views are among the best in Colorado.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.