Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my sub today under the passenger seat. I have a 2017 2 door. I bought 2 hs8s to put one under each seat. I started with passenger side. I had to cut the back support bar out that is under the rear of the seat that goes door to door direction. Then I removed the stock 130 radio. I also ordered a pac adapter that allows me to plug rca into the back of the radio and supplies a place to splice turn on lead (blue wire). I then ran the 4 speaker wires from the sub harness to the back of stock 130 HU. I also purchased a kicker adapter thing that is the size of a large matchbook that converts 4 speaker lines into a place to plug rca into.
So I have it wired like this, HU to pac adapter, pac adapter to kicker adapter via rca, kicker adapter to sub via suppled harness that uses 4 speaker lines that plug directly into sub.

I ran the power line directly to battery and grounded on a bolt that was near the passenger lower seat belt.
I have a good power supply but the sub just sounds dead and quiet to my ears. Can anyone help solve this? I keep reading all the great reviews and know what I'm hearing can't be all it has to offer

I have the standard sound system and also plan to run a kicker px300.4 amp to the 4 main speakers and also a preamp equalizer to really get the sound dialed in.

I've never done any of this kind of stuff and all tips and ways of doing this will be much appreciated.
How should I go about installing the 2 subs, amp, and preamp to get the best sound. I'm wanting to keep the factory hu for now but would upgrade if needed or would make the sound quality better.

Suggestions!?

·
Registered
387 Posts
It could also be your ground. Make sure your ground is good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts