Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've had a 90, 91 and most recently a 99. Found a "used" 2007 Sahara (2 door) and scooped it up once I realized the mileage wasn't a typo. 2,500 miles on it. Anyone ever come across something like this? I'm thinking of calling Jeep to see if they will give me some kind of a warranty because it was obviously never driven. The floor mats are still in the back in plastic!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
23k and apparently the guy ordered it, and then died. It was in his garage, covered up and the dealership ended up with it from an estate sale.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Sounds like you got a deal! I'd be a little nervous of things maybe drying out, after sitting that long, but I guess those things aren't too major to change.

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm going to have someone check it out, but it is literally in brand new condition. They did an oil change and went over everything to make sure it all was good.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I would not personally drive it if the tires have not been changed out since 2007. Rubber breaks down even if not being driven and only setting in a garage. Five-six years is the safety margin even if they look in top shape. They can disintegrate without warning while going up the highway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's going to rain tonight so well see how it does lol... And I'll get the tires checked, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts