Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was pretty hungry last night, so I ran to the gas station to grab a soda and something to eat. I ended up with a Mtn. Dew and four pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Well, it was like 100 degrees here last night, and in the time it took to get back into the jeep and get my crap together the Reese's started to melt. Then a bright idea hit me. I decided to take the air vent off and blast the air with the cups crammed down the vent. It actually worked really well until I put the remaining 2 back in the wrong way and one slid down the vent. I cannot reach it and for all I know it is gone into the next world. Anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to retrieve this tasty treat?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
This thread is even better than the "My keys fell down the front of the dash thread"....:rofl:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like the gerbil idea but I have one question.

How do you get the gerbil out when he's done?

OP please keep us posted on the new smells you experience as your Reeces "bakes"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well on the bright side, if you turn the vent fan on low you don't need an air freshener hanging from your rearview, and reese's cups smell goooood!
They make a grabber that is about 2' long and flexible, it has 3 prongs that open and close as you push a button on the other end.
If you google home depot grabber retriever (grab easy) you will see one $5.00

·
Ugly Supporting Member
1,546 Posts
For future reference:
~All summer long I keep a cooler in my jeep.
~Every morning I dump the ice in the icemaker in a garbage can and carry it out to the jeep.
~When it starts to slosh around in the cooler, I drain the cooler into the garbage can the next morning after I empty the ice in the cooler.
~I empty the can on my wife's plants on the way back in the house.
~I place all chocolate in the cooler. I always have water with me, cold water.

You can take this for what it's worth, but shoving crap down your vents to keep it cool is a whole new level of dumb in my book.

·
Registered
666 Posts
- get a video camera
- lure squirrel into Jeep
- lock squirrel in the Jeep with the vent cover off
- when he looks hungry, start filming
- he will go get the treat and back out
- let him go
- stop filming and post video here

·
Registered
823 Posts
Maybe use one of those twisty vacuum hose things? Best of luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahaha, I'm glad I could bring some humor to this situation. I used to pop the vent off in my silverado all the time and it would keep a water bottle chilled, so I figured why not try on the Jeep. I tried fishing it out with a grabber but all I got was a chocolatey mess. It's actually getting kind of funny. My next retrieval attempt may require a video.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can take this for what it's worth, but shoving crap down your vents to keep it cool is a whole new level of dumb in my book.
You may call me dumb, but I look at it as innovative, Mr. Glass half empty.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Put it on heater to melt it good, wait, and then may you'll know what means when the sh..t hits the fan ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts