Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I traded in my 2013 Bright White Sahara for a 2015 Baja Yellow Rubicon. The Sahara was my first Jeep and as such I made a bunch of mistakes between suspension, tires, components, etc. This is a fresh start to build things right.....

The Jeep came with the following options:
(1) 430N and Alpine Premium Sound
(2) Automatic transmission
(3) Connectivity group
(4) Premium soft to
(5) Remote start

I'm going with 22x14 Fuel D254 Full Blown Wheels wrapped in Nitto Mud Grappler 40x15.5x22

These are he rest of the components in my build:
(1) Teraflex 6" long arm lift kit
(2) Currie Anti-rock Aluminum Sway Bar F/R
(3) Synergy Tie Rod
(4) Fox Reservoir Shock
(5) Fox ATS steering stabilizer
(6) Artec c-gussets
(7) Gibson Dual exhaust
8) AEV heat reduction hood and AEV snorkel
(9) JW Speaker Evolution 2 headlights
(10) Recon LED turn signals and Recon LED taillights
(11) SPOD 6-switch
(12) Poison Spyder front and rear bumper
(13) Poison Spyder Aluminum flat fenders
(14) Bestop Trektop NX in Twill
(15) Adams 1350 CV F/R driveshafts
(16) Magnuson Supercharger....waiting for the 2015 model to come out, no ETA yet from Magnuson
(17) ARB Dana 44 F/R diff covers
(18) 5.13 gears
(19) ORO license plate relocation bracket
(20) AMP steps
(21) Powdercoat suspension and some of the components in Baja Yellow

This Thursday King-Con is going under the knife....hopefully it will be ready for Jeep Beach....I'll post updates along the way

Attachments

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I made some progress and installed the AEV hood + AEV snorkel.....also the Trektop NX, SPOD, Rigid Dually D2 lights, and Warn Windshield Decal....I forgot to include in my build a Zeon 10-S thanks to my friends at Zoro with 30% off a couple of weeks ago.....also the suspension and D44 covers had been painted Baja Yellow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
This build is going to be CRAZY (in the good way). Don't know if you are going to be taking the "King" wheeling a lot, but if so for your step, check out Rock Slide Engineering's power step, it's pretty new and made with wheeling in mind, it is made out of steel and more durable than the power amp (which I am looking at based on price). The RSE is $1800 compared to $1050, as you know. But the additional $750 is just a rounding era based on your awesome build list.

Can't wait to watch the transformation.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This build is going to be CRAZY (in the good way). Don't know if you are going to be taking the "King" wheeling a lot, but if so for your step, check out Rock Slide Engineering's power step, it's pretty new and made with wheeling in mind, it is made out of steel and more durable than the power amp (which I am looking at based on price). The RSE is $1800 compared to $1050, as you know. But the additional $750 is just a rounding era based on your awesome build list.

Can't wait to watch the transformation.
I live in South FL and wheeling here sucks....literally you have to drive 150+ miles to have decent fun.....I'm planning on wheeling some but with a 10-month old baby it's difficult to get a community chest card to go out of jail for a few hours.

I already paid (and submitted rebate) for the AMPs....but definitely will check out the Rock Slide steps....I went with AMP out of pure laziness or lack of information that there are other options out there....but I have to admit the steps themselves are plastic junk.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow this is going to be good. Congrats man can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wow this is gonna be a great build subscribed

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Looks very nice and love the yellow! But those have to be the heaviest tires on the planet for a mostly street rig especially - are you replacing the axles or even trussing them? Even for just a street rig that is a ton of stress on a stock D44. And you definitely want to look into hydroassist steering with that big a tire and that much weight at the corners - even on the street at that size. Your ball joints, knuckles, brakes, drag link and steering box among probably many other things are not long for this world. I see you put a crap ton of money into the build and it looks cool as hell, and you mention making mistakes on your last rig and wanting to do this one "right" - but your list omits a lot of very important mechanical upgrades to run that much rubber size and weight and lift.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks very nice and love the yellow! But those have to be the heaviest tires on the planet for a mostly street rig especially - are you replacing the axles or even trussing them? Even for just a street rig that is a ton of stress on a stock D44. And you definitely want to look into hydroassist steering with that big a tire and that much weight at the corners - even on the street at that size. Your ball joints, knuckles, brakes, drag link and steering box among probably many other things are not long for this world. I see you put a crap ton of money into the build and it looks cool as hell, and you mention making mistakes on your last rig and wanting to do this one "right" - but your list omits a lot of very important mechanical upgrades to run that much rubber size and weight and lift.
I can attest they're heavy. I'm trussing the front axle for extra peace of mind. I thought about the PSC hydro assist but first want to try out the Fox ATS and then decide. I've seen several JKU on 40s that run just find with Fox.

I forgot to talk about brakes but today I'm pulling the trigger on Willwood front brake system 14" rotors and 4 pistons calipers). Ball joints and else I know won't last long so that's part of the 2.0 upgrade phase.

I think I'm covering 90% of what's needed on this build knowing that I'm putting 40s....on my 2013 I started with 2.5" crappy lift and 35s and then started building from there just putting patches and more patches.

It's funny you guys have not criticized 22" wheels LOL....I was set on 20s but the D254 wheels were on backorder with no ETA and someone at Fuel said it may take 2-3 months to get them so fortunate or unfortunate had to go with what was readily available.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since you're running 40's, the 22's look like 18's to me. 20/22 same difference really! Looks like a great build man!
Thanks....I wanted to have 2" of rubber but you're right it doesn't make a whole lot difference.

BTW Rebel Off Road was running a promo last week on Rigid Fog Light and these came in the mail today....waiting on the PSC bumper now to powder coat and install these

Attachments

1 - 20 of 96 Posts