Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue 06 rubicon when braking make knocking sound underneath - interval is repetitive/sounds louder gradually until stop. No noise breaking inrevrse. I have been chasing rabbits on this with no luck. List of rabbit chase new hemmoraging cash
1.replaced balljoints teraflex upper/lower
2. rotors and pads.
3. blisten shocks
4 New links terflex
5.brake flush
6.emu dampener

Suspension confirmed tight by hibdon. And when I asked what's the scoop was told maybe calipers going out but he didn't know for sure. Wow right- thus I am hoping one of us might have some idea's.

I checked front drive shaft for play it had more of a clank when turning - not sure on breaking correlation on that but seems mighty ironic. Lockers working as designed. Going to try to attach pad underneath tomorrow and post video.

Also if someone is local Okc/Yukon area that might know someone that is legit/competent/fair priced - I know right might have better luck with a scratchy - thanks in advance :)

Respectfully
Dave

·
Registered
301 Posts
Check the installation of your front pads. I had a similar issue after replacing my ball joints; the metal pad's wear guide was slightly missplaced and caused a similar noise when braking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well no luck unfortunately. I had shop looking at it today and meanwhile 4 hours latter with stethoscope no definitive this is what's broke. They requested more time tomorrow so leaving over night will update accordingly. Did get confirmation that no it's not the wheel hub assembly or bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts