Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my stock Rubicon KMs to 35x12.5 KM3s. These particular ones are load range E and I have read at least one complaint that when aired down they don’t flex very well. I have yet to take them on any rocks but I was also curious if they would be stiffer.
I did a comparison today between the new KM3 (35x12.5r17 load range E) on my 2015 JK, KO2s (255x80r17 load range C) on my wife’s 2017 JK and KMs (35x12.5x15 load range C) on my 1985 Dodge Ramcharger. The pics below and in the next few posts show them all on the same rock at three different PSIs, highway pressure, 15 and 12 PSI. I inflated and deflated on the rock so the tires are in the exact same position for all three pictures.

KO2s at 15 psi

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I have Es with my 35 KO2s. When I got a rear flat this spring and the EVIC said 12psi, I could barely tell there was an issue. This in on a JK with heavy a$$ bumper tire carrier with 2 5gal jerry cans. When I had the D DuraTracs and the same thing happened (18psi) the rim was on the ground.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Are there more to come, because every pic looks like a ko2 to me.
And not sure the intent? Are you unhappy with km3 flex, or ko2?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m still posting, the intent is just an unbiased comparison. I have not seen any info like this posted before and thought it might be useful to those researching their next tire.

KM3s at 15 psi

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me, I didn’t see a huge difference between the load range C KMs and the load range E KM3s. The KO2s appear better, but remember they are also a narrower size.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
The km3 to km difference isn't much, I agree, sort of surprising as I would thing the ram charger would be heavier in the front than the jk. Not sure what you mean about the ko2 though as from my standpoint, both km's roll nice but stay in the tread pattern, where the ko2 rolls all the way over to the shoulder giving it a better chance for being cut. Just my perception of it though, as I run ko2 in the E load on mine. Time has not allowed me to get them off road yet, but I can say from prior experience they are a sturdy sidewall.
All that said, the km size you stated on your ram charger, was that as typo or are they really old? I thought they only came in 255/75r17.
Cool stuff though, been eyeing those km3s, once I do less than 25k miles per year.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good thread on tread!

Yes, Load Range E compared to Load Range C is going to be vastly different.
I have a lot of confidence in BFG’s Engineers as they have a TON of experience and much at stake..
Also
Tires do break in. You might want to check in another thousand miles...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts