Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to this forum, as well as Jeeps. If this post is in the wrong place please let me know. I just bought a 07 wrangler. I am having a little worry. Then I turn around a curve, at any speed, or If I am just driving down the highway and lightly turn the steering wheel, there is a knock in the steering wheel. Like when I'm turning and there is pressure on everything it is fine, but as soon as I go to streighten back up it feels like there is a little hang-up. I can't hear anything, it just makes me wonder if something is wore out needing replaced like a idel arm, or something. I know its hard to explain things, expecially since I'm a new guys here with these topcs but any thoughts on what is knocking would be helpful. Thanks, Dave

Jeep info if it matters
07 3.8
4 door
285*60*18 tires/rims
it don't appear to be lifted

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I also had the knock. Replaced the intermediate shaft late in the summer and it fixed the problem until about the middle of winter. It's going in for another soon.

Edit- my point there was the shafts are crap parts and they will always be crap parts until they change something. Changing the shaft will only kill the noise for a little while.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I also had the knock. Replaced the intermediate shaft late in the summer and it fixed the problem until about the middle of winter. It's going in for another soon.

Edit- my point there was the shafts are crap parts and they will always be crap parts until they change something. Changing the shaft will only kill the noise for a little while.
Did you notice yours was anymore severe after wheeling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the thing, I don't hear anything. I can just feel it through the steering wheel. I had a jeep about 10 years ago that was lifted and it was way more stable than this one, it wants to walk around the lane a little. I just don't know what to check out first

·
Registered
798 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I thought I was imagining things. It's not on my carfax if it was repaired, so I guess I need to make a phone call to the dealer.

·
Registered
543 Posts
ESP123 said:
Did you notice yours was anymore severe after wheeling?
I replaced mine late in the summer when we were kind of done wheeling hard for the year. I noticed it again on a longer trip on some minor washouts. The temps were warm for us in the winter . Like 35f.

This summer it has been real bad when wheeling. It really only does it with quick side to side movements of the wheel like happens often when your wheeling. On the road I notice it far less.

I'm gonna get as many as I can replaced under warranty so it's documented when it goes off warranty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What does something like this cost..I'm out of 36 k warranty unless its still covered?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts