Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 3.8 Jeep Wrangler when I start the engine the car sounds fine after 10 minutes that the car warms up the engine starts making a knocking noise when I'm usually at low rpms 1s i rev my engine up to higher revs the knocking noise stops, I have tried oil changes, have changed the lifter on the car,and opened the head gaskets checked them also checked Pistons everything was fine replaced all the gaskets on the car, pretty much I have tried everything and the engine is still knocking, do you guys please know how to help me make it stop or reduce the noise

Just bought a new oil pump I will be replacing it soon to see if that fixes the problem

Please any help I can get will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If it's the lower end, ie. the main bearings, once they start knocking there's no going back...if that is what it is.
I have heard of some doing a bearing job with engine in and just dropping the pan remove, replace bearings and go on your way, not optimal by any means.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree, it sounds like the bottom end bearings, mains or rods. Time for a rebuild. How many miles???

·
Retired Moderator
100,607 Posts
Rather than spending a lot of money on parts that may not be needed, why not have a experienced mechanic check it out!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts