Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
My sincerest apologies if this has been mulled over here on many threads already, I've just got the jitters from a bad experience and I'm hoping for a lil reassurance.. Here's what happened:

Bought the 2007 JK 2 door 5 speed with 70k miles a couple of months ago (I'm a salesman and purchased it through auction so I wasn't able to have the mechanics crawl all over it first, but I bought it for wholesale values.. It's a give and take), just checked in for my first oil change... They found:

Front main seal was leaking

Upper intake gasket leaking antifreeze

:shocked:

Obviously I had the boys fix those issues and go over the thing with a fine tooth comb. This got me to thinking though, this is the first year of that new body style... :facepalm:

So, without further jabbering, here's my question:

Does anyone have a list compiled of known first year problems in this new JK Wrangler body style? Frankly I was surprised to see a gasket leaking at only 70k miles... Anything else I should be appraised of?

(don't sugar coat it, lemme know whassup... And please don't torture me just cause I'm a salesman and 90% of us are complete rat bastichss? Thanks)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The first year had leak issues with the soft top but the engine has been around in the minivans .mabey you just got one with maintence

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Any Jeep can have leak issues, hard top or soft. There are also issues with the manuals sometimes jumping outta gear. And the headlights suck, but that's not really a surprise, and is easily rectified.

Wait till somebody like kjeeper10 weighs in...he can tell you about any problems with the '07's.

I'm just giving you hope here, as the responses so far have been lackluster, at best. :D

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I bought my 07 used.

Edit--as mentioned by KB :D

Oil consumption is a problem that luckily- I have no problem with oil loss.

Leaks = 0 but looks like my doors were adjusted and carpet is new :confused:

6 speed issues. Rattles like crazy but stays
in gear :D

TOB also known to squeak under load. Yep ... Mine does but operates fine.

Google TSB's and your year. Most of if not all these problems continue on past the first year.

Oh ... Forget the year 07-08, miss gapped spark plugs. 41K now but have not checked the plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Ok!

This what U want to hear :nonono:

I have a 2012 JKU. Was towed in twice, B=cause the engine died twice at over 50-mph, w/only 1200-mi.

Dealer & Chrysler worked together and got it corrected (ground-problem)!

Now,do I still love the vehicle? Damn right!

Would I but another? If, I had the $$, I'd have 2!

At 65-yo, I LOVE this vehicle and we both love the Virginia Mtn Trails!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
165 Posts
At Willee51: My wife just finished riding the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville, NC to Floyd, VA to see her brother. Fun ride!

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
I bought my 07 used as well. It only, just the other day, has 26000 miles on it. I work from home so unfortunately it sits more than not. Well, that and the wobble from hitting bumps, I hope to get this fixed soon and that is part of the other reason it sits more than I prefer. No leaks or sqeaks, no oil consumption, crossing fingers it doesn't start now!

·
Registered
331 Posts
On my 07 JKUS I Had a leaking front axle seal at 28,000mi then front diff and blown stabilizer at 30,000. Then leaking intake manifold gasket at 33,000miles. Let's just say these past 5,000 have been a rough ride. All in all good vehicle had a few wobbles here and there during stock and after lifting now everything seems solid. Continuing mods constantly and learning new things everyday. Now at 34,000 and my warranty is up in aug of this year so if problems wanna occur they better reveal themselves!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts